Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shock.engineer

NBK Al jawhara Account ??? Possible Scam ?

26 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Does anyone know if this is a scam or is it a legit competition ?

Does anyone know anyone who has won any prize ?

Why I ask this, well in my home company, a few of the leading banks had the same competition going, and after much investigation had come to the conclusion that the entire scheme was to lure people to invest in their bank, now being a non interest account, the bank was making money off shore by investing, and also claimed to pay non profit organizations donations etc

Well Kuwait is a small place, only 3 mill people, of which maybe 1.5~1.7 million have enough money to open a bank account. So the chances of winning and also knowing any one of the 100's of winners monthly are high.

Let me know what you guys think :roll:

I don't know but honestly after having that account for 1 year and still haven't won anything it makes you think who actually wins anything? I have decided to just put that money into an interest savings account starting next month.

I would make more money than betting to win anything from al-jawhara. It also doesn't help I don't trust banks at all. :roll:

I don't know but honestly after having that account for 1 year and still haven't won anything it makes you think who actually wins anything? I have decided to just put that money into an interest savings account starting next month.

I would make more money than betting to win anything from al-jawhara. It also doesn't help I don't trust banks at all. :roll:

:shock: That makes 2 of us who have gone thru it !! Wonder how many others are out there ?

dude how much do you have in the jawahara, 50kd? 100kd? 1000kd? 10,000? There are people who have tens and thousands of kd in their jawhara.

The operation is very much legit and I know of 2 people who have won it and retired immediately.

While 13,000 KD is a sizeable amount, there are people who have put in much more. At the end of the day, it's a number game. If you are lucky, you will get it. If not, someone else will.

The operation is very much legit and I know of 2 people who have won it and retired immediately.

While 13,000 KD is a sizeable amount, there are people who have put in much more. At the end of the day, it's a number game. If you are lucky, you will get it. If not, someone else will.

Thanx for the heads up, you are the first person that has confirmed that "people that exist" have won it.

Anyway transferred the entire amount into off shore investments, with a guaranteed return :)

They post the list of winners each month at their ATMs.

As i said before, this exact same thing was done in my home country, but the list was of people that either were deceased or non existent so that the company managing the funds were benefiting.

Anyone else know any one of the "winners" ?

I know this guy in Nigeria that can double your money in a week :D

Nigeria ? ... of course you can trust Nigeria with your money ... :wink:

Anyway transferred the entire amount into off shore investments, with a guaranteed return :)

Guaranteed returns... you must post where.

If you are not a Kuwaiti no matter how much money you have on the account, chances that you will win are equal to 0 (yes its a zero)

In last half of decade in Kuwait I've check so manny winner lists from Wataniya, Zain, NBK, ABK, etc etc, 99.9 percents are Kuwaitis (presumption based on the names), now and then you will see a Goan Indian with hispanic name on some of the lists wining 10 KD voucher that he can use in Alghanim in next 8 hours....

It maybe isn't a scam but ... It is what it is :)

Guaranteed returns... you must post where.

Got great advice from a senior C.A , invested my lot in Government bonds, 10% minimum interest per year ( Remember you can only do this in the country you hold citizenship from my understanding)

If you are not a Kuwaiti no matter how much money you have on the account, chances that you will win are equal to 0 (yes its a zero)

In last half of decade in Kuwait I've check so manny winner lists from Wataniya, Zain, NBK, ABK, etc etc, 99.9 percents are Kuwaitis (presumption based on the names), now and then you will see a Goan Indian with hispanic name on some of the lists wining 10 KD voucher that he can use in Alghanim in next 8 hours....

I get what you are saying, but I came to realize something, 1 million Kuwaiti and 2 million expats reside in Kuwait. If expats win large amounts of cash, the first thing that we gonna do is transfer to a bank or scheme that gives you maximum growth, or buy property etc in your country of residence. That means shifting the funds out of Kuwait and out of NBK. The big winners are probably all Kuwaiti, cos they need it, cos a cheap villa costs over 150 to 200 000 KD, so i guess they will finance the balance from NBK.

If kuwaiti's win, they can buy property here etc....makes you think about the bigger picture :?

That's not true. As Cajie mentioned he knows 2 people who won aljawhara and they were not Kuwaiti. The only reason Kuwaiti's have a higher chance of winning is because they probably have a lot more money in Jawhara than the expats. You know how many expats work at NBK? You think if Jawhara was setup to make Kuwaitis win an expat at NBK wouldn't make that known?

You know how many expats work at NBK? You think if Jawhara was setup to make Kuwaitis win an expat at NBK wouldn't make that known?

It's not just non-Kuwaitis working there. All banks in Kuwait are heavily audited by external auditors. It is not possible for them to rig this - even if they wanted to.

This is not Nigeria people.

You know how many expats work at NBK? You think if Jawhara was setup to make Kuwaitis win an expat at NBK wouldn't make that known?

It's not just non-Kuwaitis working there. All banks in Kuwait are heavily audited by external auditors. It is not possible for them to rig this - even if they wanted to.

This is not Nigeria people.

Actually they can do so very easily since the drawing is done by computer. And from my observation with Gulf Bank Pearl I can tell you with 100 percent confidence that there is a pattern for winners... It is equally distributed monthly between males and females... with expats more frequent in winning. This was part of their strategy couple of years back in order to attract as much as possible from expats even if it was as little as 50 dinar from a handy man.

Hi Cajie, are the 2 people you know off, Indian ? Did they win the grand prize 125 000 KD or 2nd prize, cos either way thats a lot of rupees :lol: ...jus kidding

You are the first and only person to confirm that you know some human being that has won it, i spoke to everyone I know at work, even posted on facebook, twitter etc...but not one person confirmed they knew a winner.

Later

Did they win the grand prize 125 000 KD or 2nd prize, cos either way thats a lot of rupees :lol: ...jus kidding

Perhaps in the circle that you move.

People that I KNOW may consider winning the grand price nice - but not earth-shattering and not that many rupees if you consider the current standard of living in India.

FYI, I am not kidding.

Did they win the grand prize 125 000 KD or 2nd prize, cos either way thats a lot of rupees :lol: ...jus kidding

Perhaps in the circle that you move.

People that I KNOW may consider winning the grand price nice - but not earth-shattering and not that many rupees if you consider the current standard of living in India.

FYI, I am not kidding.

Dont get hostile dude :cry: , I know many well established indian business guys who are doing very well, plus India is one of the most stable and rapid growing economies. Even in my home country, this grand prize doesn't buy you all your desires.

You are getting off topic ,

I have seen the previous winners list at NBK, no Indians won it !

So you definitely are moving in a "kuwaiti" circle. Good for you, but you still didnt confirm the nationality of those winners you know ?

My impression is that only expats win. Or so it seems.

THEY ALWAYS WIN!

no seriously they always do, most likely always always always do.

Got great advice from a senior C.A , invested my lot in Government bonds, 10% minimum interest per year ( Remember you can only do this in the country you hold citizenship from my understanding)

What Government bonds give you 10% per year?

Remember this is for a pre defined period i.e 5YR/10YR/etc, to yield the higher return on investment, the investment period needs to be 10YR or longer.

Remember this is for a pre defined period i.e 5YR/10YR/etc, to yield the higher return on investment, the investment period needs to be 10YR or longer.

Given the high volatility of Pakistan for example, would you invest in a 10-Year bond?

Given the high volatility of Pakistan for example, would you invest in a 10-Year bond?

Remember one wouldn't want to invest in something that risky, as i said i had great insight from an analyst into my own country's stability and ability to sustain its GDP and economic ties with the other neighboring countries to ensure a steady and and gradual growth.

Please seek advice from a certified analyst from your home country for best investment options. :wink:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0