RRSSC

Fayrouz...continued

127 posts in this topic

FYI part II.

I've decided not to go to Lebanon this summer. But listening to Lulu make my knees weak (so to speak).

Resistance is indeed futile, grr :)

Besides, I really want to take a pic of that bench.

Damn! I miss Lebanon :evil:

Been to too many countries in the world. Some are nice, others are beautiful. But Lebanon is different...it's magical.

Having said the above, the truth must be told. The biggest drawback of Lebanon ... believe it or not, is its people. They falsely think highly of themselves. It's as if they made up a lie then believed that lie. They think they are superior beings when in fact they are ordinary. And I use "ordinary" in a generous terms here.

Basically, what ruins Lebanon is its people. Otherwise, the country is a heaven on earth.

Damn! I miss Lebanon :evil:

Been to too many countries in the world. Some are nice, others are beautiful. But Lebanon is different...it's magical.

when is a nice time to go there?

in one of my visits to Lebanon, I was walking-by and saw what appeared to be a bus stop. There are no bus stops up in the mountains

You'd be surprised where buses will go in Lebanon.

It depends. The weather has been quite random in Lebanon as of late. Around the Spring time (basically now and next month) would be a good time to go. Summer time is always a good time and December.

Imo, anytime except summer (July & August). That's why I've changed my mind and (1) Going there, can't resist. (2) Going in June instead of (my customary) July. Besides, June is much cooler than the other summer months.

You'd be surprised where buses will go in Lebanon.

True. But I was referring to scheduled buses, which don't exist in Lebanon (I think).

Speaking of which. I LOVE those random buses, they are so beautiful and authentic. Very colorful, and very Lebanese.

Note to self: Must take photos of them in the next visit. Heck, take a bus ride there :D

Speaking of which.

I'm dying to see, listen to, and photograph Lebanese Dabka. I love that traditional music and dance.

According to my Lebanese friend, it's a dying art. Sadly.

Can't wait to take photos of that bench.

Need a Lebanese girl to re-create that Fayrouz song, though. Hmm.

Woho, how did I miss this one!

ليالي الشمال الحزينة

in one of my visits to Lebanon, I was walking-by and saw what appeared to be a bus stop. There are no bus stops up in the mountains, but that bench reminded me of this song. I literally heard this song playing in my head when I passed by.

اديش كان ÙÙŠ ناس

And

Besides, I really want to take a pic of that bench.

Damn! I just came from there and didn't take a pic of that bench! :(

I'm going there again in few weeks so hope I don't forget.

The earlier link to the song has been taken down ( :evil: ). Not to worry, found another link.

قديش كان ÙÙŠ ناس

Link

Indeed. But that's OK. Listening to lady Fayrouz is one of life's true pleasures (for some Arabs).

Indeed. But that's OK. Listening to lady Fayrouz is one of life's true pleasures (for some Arabs).

hey hey hey! long time no see RRSSC! (did that rhyme? :D)

haven't seen you in the photo thread in a while. How you been? :)

Hay, mathai, mate. How have you been?

Everything is cool at my end (well, except the weather, that is :))

And, yes, that rhymed :P