Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cajie

Do you want to gain EXPLOSIVE strength? Click for more...

5 posts in this topic

The kettlebell or girya (Russian: гирÑ) is a cast iron weight (resembling a cannonball with a handle) used to perform ballistic exercises that combine cardiovascular, strength and flexibility training

Some examples of kettlebell workouts.

Kettlebell workouts were used by Russian military to whip their soldiers in top shape. They have recently gained popularity in the western world - mostly due to the work of Pavel Tsatsouline, and his dragondoor academy.

http://www.dragondoor.com/

We happen to have a certified RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) instructor in Kuwait who is passionate about his Kettlebell workouts. If you want to learn more about kettlebells - or try it out for some extreme fitness, we plan to meet every Saturday at 6:00 in the morning.

This is not a coaching class. You need to get your own kettlebells (You can pick them from Kuwait Sporting Shop in Hawally. I recommend 12 or 16 KG to start with). The expert will show you tips and correct your form. You need to be in fairly good shape to do this. It is not for the sedentary person whose only form of exercise is walking to the car.

If you have any questions, write them and I will try my best to answer. Perhaps the instructor may log in and answer the questions too.

Details about the location will be communicated by PM.

Kuwait Sporting Shop is the one near Best Electronics right?

That's right.

They charged me 1 KD per KG. So my 16KG kettlebell cost me 16 KD.

I like to start it.. Which place? & Does the coach charge for it?

It's completely free. The trainer is a young Kuwaiti who is passionate about Kettlebells.

If you would just like to give it a try to see if it is your kind of thing, you can come for the next session without any kettlebells. We usually have one or 2 spare kettlebells between us. You can try them and if you think you would like to continue, then you can invest in your own kettlebells.

Additional details sent via pm.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0