Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lowrider66

MBC-HD?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm sure most of you already heard about MBC channels going HD and all that, I went to the satellite shops down in Hawalli to check it out, they said that the Technosat Receiver would cost me 55 KDs and it contained a card for MBC that will work for 3 years.. and no other receiver can display MBC HD even if it was an HD receiver..

Any of you tried this or has info on the whole subject and whether it's worth upgrading my regular reciever to this new HD for MBC channels?

Cheers..

Even if those channels became an HD channels. The movies are not processed and captured as HD.

The cinemas cameras are not HD, they use a different kind of cameras.

but the TV will re-injest and reformat those movies to fit them into 1920x1080 and 16x9 to fit the LCD screen well either the HD.

you can see the difference when the thing you are watching has been shot already in HD.

you can check for example Al Watan TV, they are using HD cameras.

Anyways for sure you will feel the difference. but not that much.

Even if those channels became an HD channels. The movies are not processed and captured as HD.

but the TV will re-injest and reformat those movies to fit them into 1920x1080 and 16x9 to fit the LCD screen well either the HD.

you can see the difference when the thing you are watching has been shot already in HD.

You're absolutely right about what you said, it's not that much of a difference!

Don't they also broadcast English movies/serials that are originally shot in HD?

and no other receiver can display MBC HD even if it was an HD receiver..

Do you know when they will cut over to HD? I have an HD receiver through OSN and I should be able to get their channels.

and no other receiver can display MBC HD even if it was an HD receiver..

Do you know when they will cut over to HD? I have an HD receiver through OSN and I should be able to get their channels.

No you will not be able to receive the MBC HD channels with OSN decoder.

Only Technosat T786 decoder can decode the MBC HD channels.

Well that's great. I hope they keep their non-HD channels cuz there is no way I'm going to buy another HD box just for MBC's HD channels.

Well that's great. I hope they keep their non-HD channels cuz there is no way I'm going to buy another HD box just for MBC's HD channels.

No worries, they wont add new TV channels in HD format, they will just convert their current format into HD.

And they just started to shoot some of their programs with HD cams, and here u will see the difference

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0