cajie

Alternative to Amazon.Com in Hong Kong (DigitalRev.Com)

74 posts in this topic

Hi gang. What's up.

Been checking DigitalRev prices from time and they are always higher than Amazon/B&H. So what is the advantage/saving when buying from Rev.

I'm asking because DHL gave me a big on a recent lens purchase. Total shipping cost was $183 :x

Cheers, and looking foreword to adding more data points :)

Hi RRSSC.

I've bought a few things for my cousins from digitalrev after they saw that shipping was quick and less of a hassle than Aramex. The only thing is that prices seem high compared to Amazon since they include the shipping cost in the total price.

I would suggest comparing between different sites and also factor in the shipping charges to Kuwait. I recently bought a vertical grip for my camera from Mr.Babu.com after I saw that it was cheaper than digitalrev by about 2 KD. Shipping time wasn't too bad as well.

Hello,

After reading this thread, I am considering ordering a lens from drev.

Forgive my ignorance, but does it work with a street address or do you need a p.o.box address?

Do they deliver to your doorstep or do you need to pick it up from the DHL/fedex office?

TIA

Hello,

After reading this thread, I am considering ordering a lens from drev.

Forgive my ignorance, but does it work with a street address or do you need a p.o.box address?

Do they deliver to your doorstep or do you need to pick it up from the DHL/fedex office?

TIA

1. You need a street address. P.O. box does not work, since they ship via courier.

2. They deliver to your doorstep.

3. Correct contact number is very important, as the courier will contact you on the phone number.

3. Correct contact number is very important, as the courier will contact you on the phone number.

Very much so. They canceled my order (Canon flash) because:

- I put a mobile number under landline phone.

- Messed-up the way the address is supposed to be written.

Yeah, I'd like to know that too (for a house).

I use the one on my Civil-ID. This is what I have on my DigitalRev account

Address Line 1: Block , Street

Address Line 2: Bldg , Floor , Flat

Riggae, Farwaniya

Mobile: xxxx

So you live in Farwaniya, Cajie :)

May (insert a holy figure) be with you :)

I actually live in Riggae, but it is part of the Farwaniya governorate.

I use the one on my Civil-ID. This is what I have on my DigitalRev account

Address Line 1: Block , Street

Address Line 2: Bldg , Floor , Flat

Riggae, Farwaniya

Interesting. Just checked my Civil-ID and the address looks like this: Area/Block/Street/Unit. Must be different from apartments to houses.

Interesting. Just checked my Civil-ID and the address looks like this: Area/Block/Street/Unit. Must be different from apartments to houses.

Well, since houses don't have floor/flat concept, they will just have a house number instead of a building number/floor no/flat no.

Not too sure.

House addresses, at least locally, go by this order: Area/Block/Street/unit.

Whereas your address looks like this: Block/Street (then apartment details).

I recently purchased Xperia Z2 from DigitalRev. For this particular product, it was specifically mentioned on their website that they will pay all expenses.

When the item was delivered to me, I found that there were customs and clearance fees, but I did not have to pay for it, as the DHL guy said that they will recover the money from DigitalRev.

I thought that was a nice touch.

+1 for Digitalrev as well - the price was so cheap, I started questioning if it was legit.

I ordered a Sony Lens from them last week - much cheaper than Amazon (even with shipping/customs included). The package was sent within hours of ordering (I ordered at 10pm - I had a tracking number by the time I woke up). They shipped using Aramex, so it took about a week in customs - which is normal for Aramex these days. It was wrapped very well in bubble wrap - took me a few minutes to take it all off. I didn't pay any customs/taxes when it arrived.

DigitalRev have the best packaging that I have ever seen. The shipping agents can literally play football with your package, and it will arrive at your doorstep as brand new.

Sidenote: That bubble wrap is a great stress reliever.