Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phoenix

McDonalds Price Inflation (2005-2012)

14 posts in this topic

I was googling some info about McDonalds in Kuwait when I came across this post by Mark:

for the price. 850 fils will get you eggs, muffins, sausages, hashbrowns and a coffee or orange juice. 400 fils will get you 3 large pancakes. 350 fils will get you one of the McMuffin sandwiches.

http://248am.com/mark/kuwait/best-breakfast-in-town/

Today, the Big Breakfast cost is 1.100 KD

While the pancakes cost 650 fils

And 1 McMuffin Sandwich is 600 fils

This is basically a 30% increase on the big breakfast, 60% on the pancakes and 70% on the McMuffin sandwich.

2 things ,no.1 high demand can lead to inflation . No.2 prices must be compared other competitors in the market to realize if the inflation is only at mc Donald's or it's the industry trend , other factors that can lead to the same usd prices , raw material prices , average income trend.

Felafel sandwich

1982 - 100 fils

1992 - 100 fils

2002 - 100 fils

2012 - 100 fils

Defies the laws of economics :shock:

Felafel sandwich

1982 - 100 fils

1992 - 100 fils

2002 - 100 fils

2012 - 100 fils

Shawarma:

1982 - 200 fils

1992 - 200 fils

2002 - 200 fils

2012 - 250 fils :cry:

I remember a time in the not too distant past when you could buy a kilo of tomatoes for about 150 fils.

Now I think it is more than 500 fils.

NOTE: Tomatoes are not used in Falafeel.

Felafel sandwich

1982 - 100 fils

1992 - 100 fils

2002 - 100 fils

2012 - 100 fils

I heard there is was an Amiri request during the times of Sheikh Jaber to set the price of falafel; so that blue collar workers will have an affordable meal. Not sure if there is any truth to it though.

Felafel sandwich

1982 - 100 fils

1992 - 100 fils

2002 - 100 fils

2012 - 100 fils

I heard there is was an Amiri request during the times of Sheikh Jaber to set the price of falafel; so that blue collar workers will have an affordable meal. Not sure if there is any truth to it though.

Might be true coz I've heard my parents and uncles talk a lot of good things about him. I'm glad its the same coz where else can you find a decent sandwich for 100 fils?

Since we're on the subject of government subsidies, another item which has stayed the same since I can remember is the Irani khubus at the local co-ops.

Hardee's:

First they increased the meal price 150 fils

Then they increased delivery charge 150 fils

Then they removed the cheese from sandwiches and started charging 100 fils for it

Then they started using motorcycles for delivery and increased dilivery charge 100 fils

Then they increased meal price by 150 fils

And again increased meal price 150 fils

Then they started serving the shittiest cola one could ever taste. and the shittiest fries one could ever eat... and increased meal price 150 fils.

So if one wonder how can this restaurant still be profitable in Kuwait if their food quality reached the manure level? its simply because the more customers they lose, the more they increase their prices.

Oh... and forgot to mention... when you order, they ask u if u want to super-size ur meal to win a tiny camping tent or an inflatable raft or whatever. you pay extra 250 fils for that.

Last week I went to McDonalds over here (somewhere in Europe).... I bought a meal. I paid regular price. Just before I started eating I realized there was a promotion with the meal (which I did not pay extra to get). On my drink, fries box, and sandwich box there were peal and win thingy. In just one meal, I won a cookie, an ice-cream, and a 30 euros voucher for electronic store!

I went again the next day... I won a six months subscription to Lovefilm.com (if you don't know it go check it out), a free drink, and a 20 euros voucher for some clothing brand.

2 things ,no.1 high demand can lead to inflation . No.2 prices must be compared other competitors in the market to realize if the inflation is only at mc Donald's or it's the industry trend , other factors that can lead to the same usd prices , raw material prices , average income trend.

High demand does not cause inflation, according to Managerial economics, its the Economic Boom in the business cycle which causes inflation.

The only reason commodities prices are increasing because general people salaries are increasing, standard of living, more money flow into the market.

Felafel sandwich

1982 - 100 fils

1992 - 100 fils

2002 - 100 fils

2012 - 100 fils

You know we'd have a serious problem if that figure was touched.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0