Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rawr

How to give adress to fast foods for homedelivery?

7 posts in this topic

(Noob question)

Hi all, recently life has started getting busy(or lazy) and I haven't the time to go and pick up food my self. I'm not fluent in arabic language, but i just need to know if the fast foods like Domino's, Fatoosh etc, know the street no's. I know my street number and building number, will that do if i tell them or would i have to give some additional info. Thanks in advance :)

The easiest way is to order online...you don't need to speak any language at all.

By the way the delivery man knows the area quite well. You just need to give your address and sometimes any landmark nearby.

This is how to give your address...

Name of your area, block number, street number or name, building number and flat number if you're in flat.

you can give additional instruction like "let the driver call me when he enters the street or reaches the building"

if you don't know the address you can still order! I was working at a small office somewhere in hawally. I absolutely had no idea what is the address and it was weekend and the people in the office did not know the address as well, they just knew how to get there! so we gave the person from Hardees who took the order a description of where we were, and the delivery man reached us perfectly.

i was visiting a friend at one of the private sector hospital once, and we ordered KFC lol. they delivered all the way to his room.

btw those examples are really ancient since its been a long time since i've had hardees or kfc. however delivery system is still the same. haha

(Noob question)

Hi all, recently life has started getting busy(or lazy) and I haven't the time to go and pick up food my self. I'm not fluent in arabic language, but i just need to know if the fast foods like Domino's, Fatoosh etc, know the street no's. I know my street number and building number, will that do if i tell them or would i have to give some additional info. Thanks in advance :)

Since you mentioned you're not fluent in Arabic just make note of some of the words commonly used to give directions.

Khathaa - Block

Shaara - Street

Emaara (?) - Building

Dwaar - Floor

Sharga - Apartment

If your Civil ID has your current address on it then just read it out for them. Also use Google translate if you want to make a special order. The language might sound too formal but it will get the idea across. Click on the 'speaker' button to hear the word and then repeat it over the phone.

Khathaa - Block

Shaara - Street

Emaara (?) - Building

Dwaar - Floor

Sharga - Apartment

Seriously man?! How long you've been living in Kuwait!!!!

Anyway, this is how to give your address...

Name of residential area

Block = Qit'aa

Street = Shaari'e

House = Manzil

Apartment building = Emara

Floor/level = Door (yes door) (ground = ar'dhhi, first =awal, second =thani, third= thalith, fourth = rabi'e, fifth=khamis...)

Apartment = Shaqqa (number = raqam).

Some areas have boulevard = Jadda

Khathaa - Block

Shaara - Street

Emaara (?) - Building

Dwaar - Floor

Sharga - Apartment

Seriously man?! How long you've been living in Kuwait!!!!

Anyway, this is how to give your address...

Name of residential area

Block = Qit'aa

Street = Shaari'e

House = Manzil

Apartment building = Emara

Floor/level = Door (yes door) (ground = ar'dhhi, first =awal, second =thani, third= thalith, fourth = rabi'e, fifth=khamis...)

Apartment = Shaqqa (number = raqam).

Some areas have boulevard = Jadda

Its just phonetics. What matters is whether you get your food delivered on time :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0