Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wishbone

IHOP ... not really

8 posts in this topic

Went to The Avenues two weeks ago. My wife really wanted to try IHOP for lunch while I wasn't really interested but being a sane man :lol: we went there with my 2 kids. I'll score my experience from 1 being poor, 3 average and 5 great.

Service 4

Seating 3.5

Food - 2

Prices 3.5

The service was great, the staff was accommodating and we had good seats "outside", yeah its funny "outside" means inside the mall :lol: . The chairs and tables, well its a new place its shouldn't be bad ... yet ... So I ask the waitress whats recommended and took her suggestion. Its an old habit, I do ask whats recommended and take it :roll: Not going into which dish but its a meat dish with mashed taters. 10 seconds later asked the waiteress to heat it as the meat was cold as well as the mash :cry: 10 minutes later get another dish, cold mash and meat.

Got to say from my experience from 4 continents, these were the first cold steak and mash dishes ever. I used to live in a place where temperatures hit -40C and I could actually get hot dishes there. My last lunch at that place too :evil: unless someone else is able to share a better experience to change my mind.

Been there three times. Great experience all 3 times.

I ordered their steak bits and steamed veggies on all 3 occassions. It is now my favorite dish in Kuwait.

Thats the dish I got, but twice the mash was cold, not even luke warm. The meat too was barely warm. I suspect they just took my dish and returned it after a pathetic attempt at reheating.

Once I get a bad experience from a restaurant I just never go back.

Just came from IHOP... Pretty good experience overall... The burger was a little on the bland side but the florentine crepes and the buttermilk pancakes were pure awesomeness.... Will definitely go there again :)

Been there three times. Great experience all 3 times.

I ordered their steak bits and steamed veggies on all 3 occassions. It is now my favorite dish in Kuwait.

ordered sirloin tips, rooty something for the kids, and another sandwich (forgot the name) on a Thursday evening.

1. mashed potatoes not available, replaced with french fries

2. sirloin tips was so-so compared to others i tasted

3. staffs were accomodating

4. too much shouting from inside the 'kitchen area' which i find quite disturbing

5. i can't find anything special in the taste of their pancakes which would distinguish it from McDo's or the ones i personally make at home. simply putting mushy strawberries and syrups on top does not make it 'unique' as i can defrost a frozen strawberry and buy the syrup anywhere.

rating:

Service 4

Seating 3.5

Food - 2

Prices - 2

am i going back again? i don't intend to unless forced upon by a friend and it's free, lol.

With a little help from Betty Crocker you can make better pancakes than IHOP ;)

Thats the dish I got, but twice the mash was cold, not even luke warm. The meat too was barely warm. I suspect they just took my dish and returned it after a pathetic attempt at reheating.

Once I get a bad experience from a restaurant I just never go back.[/quote]

Wishbone...:)

Ur the type of client... restaurants really need to care about (or rather watch out for)...essentially coz they make one stupid mistake and never get your business back.

I guess U'll have to blame the staff for being poorly trained if they cant even reheat something or better...serve it WARM the first time around.

Am the type of customer who will give them a second chance...but not before anihillating them first.

...will bring it up to the manager...if the staff havent dealt with the problem...!!

LOL...sometimes the very manager acts OUT worse than the staff...have dealt with such poorly trained types too...gosh...why do they think they can get away with it...:)

...then will fill out a comment card (if u have one)...and to top it all...get on the net and write a letter to Franchise HQ...coz I know how comments/suggestion boxes work...:) Lets see...have had to do that on 2 occasions...in Kuwait. And U can imagine how Franchise HQ deals with it...the key word being "Franchise" :wink:

Guessing...that since Ur a Sane man with a wife and 2 kids...U must have gone on a Friday/Saturday lunch. Again...why is it restaurants are not prepared with extra hands during rush hour and weekends?

Am curious ... did U 'develop' that cracking sense of humour over 4 continents OR was the extreme changes in temperature...from -40 to +55...the catalyst...:)

Yeah I visited over a weekend. Usually when I go out for lunch with my family I tend to be at a restaurant at 1-2pm period, find empty seats, avoid the crazy rush which occurs shortly after. 2pm and after is when the younger age group that woke up at noon time tends to show up :lol:

Irrespective of any restaurant I go to I always tip. Heck even the "Iranian bread bakeries", the ones you find next to Co-ops, I'll tip them. I guess thats why if theres a line up the baker spots me and gives me my fresh hot bread :mrgreen:

BTW I'm not a demanding customer when I go to a restaurant, I just expect a minimum standard, like a hot meal. Its the first time I ever returned a dish to get reheated. Even if I order a, lets keep it simple, prawn biryani and I get served a chicken biryani I let the waiter know just incase its not my dish but if its a mistake I have no issues eating it instead.

Mistakes happen, bad service doesn't.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0