Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superm

Kems internet disconnecting

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I am using a E2 Sat receiver and with the software I watch IPTV/movies. Now I have seen that the internet get disconnected everytime I try to download a software on my PC. The download starts and after a while the internet is automatically disconnected.

I just want to know if there is any restriction on download quota. I have kems connection - unlimited.

Also when I try to use the software DCC, I get connected and after I try to transfer file, I get a message FTP not connected and the transfer freezes.

Any recommendation/suggestions appreciated.

Tks

Supermario

disconnect your receiver and try downloading, if it still disconnects, call kems.

if not, check the ip of your sat receiver.

@praetorius - Thanks

I have lodged a complain with kems after changing splitter/wall tel socket...etc. They said their Engr. will check in the Telecomm. Center.

B-t-w, will the resetting of Modem/Router help?

K/Rgds

I had a similar problem with my connection getting disconnected all the time.

i don't know , if this will help you or not .

I had to manually switch off ethernet connection while using WIFI or vice-versa , apparently windows was failing to recognize which connection it was :?

there is a problem with netgear i also had the similer issue so i changed the mode from Auto to ADSL+ and called the kems they have to check the configuration from there end and they will change the settings from there end. and that solved the netgear issue which was reseting the connection every 5 to 15 min

@husain_maad

The problem with my Netgear Router Model DG834GT it started disconnecting, connecting again and again, later I could not even login into the router using ip address = 192,168.0.1. I did not know what was the problem and after a lot of waste of time checking this and that - it took me 4 days to know the problem. Finally took the router to Hawally for check and they said it was hardware problem.

I tried to reset it using the pin hole but nothing seems to work.

This is just my bad experience where others can benefit from similar issues.

B-t-w, how do you change it ADSL+ mode from Auto mode?

Tks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0