Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Izzyq8

Xbox One and showtime?

6 posts in this topic

Hey

Was wondering if anyone got an xbox one and used the second hdmi port for a showtime reciever. Any comments or feedback?

According to Microsoft you can plug anything into the second HDMI port, including a PS4. I doubt there will be any functionality though, you'll just be able to see whats on the second screen. 

Tried it. You get to say "Xbox Watch TV" to switch to your OSN box. Unfortunately, that's all what does it. Hopefully in the future they'll announce some sort of partnership and provide the Xbox TV Guide feature.

According to Microsoft you can plug anything into the second HDMI port, including a PS4. I doubt there will be any functionality though, you'll just be able to see whats on the second screen. 

You can plug anything in, but if there's actual support the XBOX itself can control the box. Like you could say a channel out loud and it would flip to it.

Tried it. You get to say "Xbox Watch TV" to switch to your OSN box. Unfortunately, that's all what does it. Hopefully in the future they'll announce some sort of partnership and provide the Xbox TV Guide feature.

If it makes you feel better apparently even the stuff it DOES support is not done very well. My friends who have it hooked up to a cable box say it doesn't really add much.

If it makes you feel better apparently even the stuff it DOES support is not done very well. My friends who have it hooked up to a cable box say it doesn't really add much.

The only difference it makes really is voice control. I don't know about you but controlling something with your voice is 10 times better than actually holding on to a remote control.

The only difference it makes really is voice control. I don't know about you but controlling something with your voice is 10 times better than actually holding on to a remote control.

Yeah but they're saying the voice control isn't that great. At least with a remote if you press 542 you get 542. With this, it doesn't recognize EVERY channel, and if you have say 12 different ESPN channels and say one of them 90% of the time it goes to the standard ESPN. You still need a remote.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0