larogue

The Official InfoConnect 2014 Thread (Internet/Mobile Deals here)

59 posts in this topic

What : InfoConnect 2014 Exibition

Where : Kuwait International Fairs Ground in Mishrif

When :  From 26 - 30st January 2014.

All deals, offers and promotions will be posted here.

Where is this taking place ?

Will there be any promotion on Cell phones !

The Kuwait International Fairgrounds, http://www.kif.net/

And yeah there usually are promos on cell phones.

Last year I had to pay only 50% of the annual fee to KEMS and they also doubled my speed (some limited time offer they had for an hour on one of the days). I then got a scratch card which got me an additional 3 or 4 months free.

So yes, you do get good deals but since my renewal is not due for at least another 6 months, internet offers are of no good to me this time around :|

did anyone visit infoconnect?? Could you please tell the price for 3mbps?? I checked with my proivider(qualitynet) and there price is 78KD for one year.

Edited by NaughtyButNice

Fasttelco offer :

mindblowing?

Those are insane! Can anybody who's tried Fasttelco tell me if their experience was good or bad? Cause if they're good, I'm ready to go right now and register with that 20 Mbps package.

Any idea what QualityNet is Offering ? 

The Offers & Speed posted above are looking fabulous ! 

But what would be the point, if the Telephone Lines can't handle the speed. 

Would like to go in for 8 - 10 Mbps but my Telephone Line can handle only up to 4 Mbps.

And currently have a 4 Mbps connection

Suggestions ?

Edited by James76

Any idea what QualityNet is Offering ? 

The Offers & Speed posted above are looking fabulous ! 

But what would be the point, if the Telephone Lines can't handle the speed. 

Would like to go in for 8 - 10 Mbps but my Telephone Line can handle only up to 4 Mbps.

And currently have a 4 Mbps connection

Suggestions ?

A friend was facing the same issue of bandwidth limitations due to the copper quality where the ISP checked it and recommended him to change the copper from the box to his flat and that fixed the issue (a third party does this and they charge based on the length of the copper, I recall it was KD.40 for the 2nd floor). But I'd be very sure to confirm that this indeed is the case before going for such a solution. I was facing a similar situation and given the same recommendation, I instead opted to upgrade my router at a cost of KD.25 (the previous one was 7 yrs old), and that fixed my issue. As they say, YMMV.

OK, so whats the QualityNet offer this year, anyone??

Edited by Sabah

Kems offers:

- 15 Mbps: Annual package for 120 KD anually and Monthly package for 13 KD monthly.

- 24 Mbps: Annual package for 180 KD anually and Monthly package for 20 KD monthly.

- 50 Mbps: Annual package for 230 KD anually and Monthly package for 25 KD monthly.

is this for real that gulfnet 

is offeing 100mbps speed with a daily limit of 5gb a day @ 156 k.d

that cap is done in 02:13:20 hrs, and the rest of your "day" will be throttled.

Anyone renewed with KEMS? My subscription expires in August... can I renew this early?

not sure about kems but qualitynet usually lets you subscribe early when there's an offer on. i know one year i renewed in June for a year and then in september they had a good offer on and resubscribed , what they did that time was add another year onto my subcription, but as i was upgrading the speed as well they upgraded the speed for the full 21 months.