threestarsinthesun

anime!

20 posts in this topic

i know this in not related to video games. just want to ask to some people who watch anime here , any suggestion of an anime comedy series that i can watch.

and to those who are interested in an anime poster im selling bought it in philippines i got shingeki no kyojin\attack on titan , black rock shooter , one piece

1 person likes this

I just watched Elfen Lied and it had a really exciting story, its pretty short at like 12 episodes sadly. It's not a comedy and be prepared for tons of nudity and violence. I don't know what your style is, but if you like english dubs just ignore this suggestion because its pretty awful.

Another good one I'd go with is Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai but it doesn't have an english dub yet as far as I know. However it's a really fun watch and the show is still going on now.

I'm pretty new to anime but I just bought downloaded a bunch of stuff and would be watching if it wasn't for university, I'll report back if I find anything good ;w;

I just watched Elfen Lied and it had a really exciting story, its pretty short at like 12 episodes sadly. It's not a comedy and be prepared for tons of nudity and violence. I don't know what your style is, but if you like english dubs just ignore this suggestion because its pretty awful.

Another good one I'd go with is Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai but it doesn't have an english dub yet as far as I know. However it's a really fun watch and the show is still going on now.

I'm pretty new to anime but I just bought downloaded a bunch of stuff and would be watching if it wasn't for university, I'll report back if I find anything good ;w;

oh nice  i already watch chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai its funny and i like the story and about the eflen lied i will watch it thanks for the info bro! and i prepare subbed anime since japanese are the one who really voice anime's the voice actor speak better and good to watch rather than dubbed sound plain and sounds bad for me don't get me wrong i like dub animes too but i really prefer original language for the anime

oh nice  i already watch chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai its funny and i like the story and about the eflen lied i will watch it thanks for the info bro! and i prepare subbed anime since japanese are the one who really voice anime's the voice actor speak better and good to watch rather than dubbed sound plain and sounds bad for me don't get me wrong i like dub animes too but i really prefer original language for the anime

Yeah, I agree about the dubs, some of them are awful. The Japanese voice actors put a lot of effort into their acting, It's a joy to listen to. But some of my friends and family don't like reading subtitles, So I always have to find an English version for them.

I don't watch the 10-14 year old demographic anime like Naruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan, etc. I'm more into mature stories that have more depth than just a 12 year old getting powers/a mech and saving the world. Here's my favorites. 

• Berserk. Crappy animations but incredible story and characters. I fell in love with the series after watching the anime and have since read all the manga and its one of the best stories I've ever read even outside of manga. 
  • Basilisk. Great animation and story. Very charming too. If you're into samurai stuff mixed in with a bit of super natural then check this out.
  • Akira (The movie). A classic that pushed the boundaries of what anime can look like in terms of animation. Thought provoking story.
  • Shigurui. GG end the thread. One of the best anime I have ever seen in my entire life. Incredible story, cinematography, direction, story and just downright cool. One of the few cases where the anime is better than the manga, and its a shame they didn't finish the anime after the manga was done. 12 episodes of pure bliss that you cannot miss. 
  • Fist of the North Star. A whole lot of fun. "Omai-wa-mo shin-day-roo."
Edited by yah5

I hated Elfen Lied to be honest, felt really perverted to me and it's exactly the type of show people complain about when they say they don't like anime (violence to children, a lot of it vaguely sexual, ugh)

I don't watch the 10-14 year old demographic anime like Naruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan, etc. I'm more into mature stories that have more depth than just a 12 year old getting powers/a mech and saving the world. Here's my favorites. 

• Berserk. Crappy animations but incredible story and characters. I fell in love with the series after watching the anime and have since read all the manga and its one of the best stories I've ever read even outside of manga. 
  • Basilisk. Great animation and story. Very charming too. If you're into samurai stuff mixed in with a bit of super natural then check this out.
  • Akira (The movie). A classic that pushed the boundaries of what anime can look like in terms of animation. Thought provoking story.
  • Shigurui. GG end the thread. One of the best anime I have ever seen in my entire life. Incredible story, cinematography, direction, story and just downright cool. One of the few cases where the anime is better than the manga, and its a shame they didn't finish the anime after the manga was done. 12 episodes of pure bliss that you cannot miss. 
  • Fist of the North Star. A whole lot of fun. "Omai-wa-mo shin-day-roo."

Those are all still action :P

Like I get what you're saying but it's still funny to read "Ugh I don't like those kids action shows, I watch MATURE STUFF" and it's still fighting based, just with more blood

Akira is a classic though, Berserk Manga is great but I hated the anime (get a budget)

The World God Only Know/Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai is pretty funny most of the times. I've read reviews where they compliment that the transition from manga to anime is really good. Also, it's short as well and filler is max of one/two episodes between arcs. 

Those are all still action :P

Like I get what you're saying but it's still funny to read "Ugh I don't like those kids action shows, I watch MATURE STUFF" and it's still fighting based, just with more blood

Akira is a classic though, Berserk Manga is great but I hated the anime (get a budget)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_comprehension

You're lacking in that. Read up on it to help you out.

I never mentioned anything about action/no action. I never mentioned "mature stuff." I said, and I quote "I'm more into mature stories that have more depth than just a 12 year old getting powers/a mech and saving the world."

1 person likes this

I never mentioned anything about action/no action. I never mentioned "mature stuff." I said, and I quote "I'm more into mature stories that have more depth than just a 12 year old getting powers/a mech and saving the world."

Are you saying you didn't like Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann? :P 

4933293798_161b723069.jpg

For the mature at heart anime lovers... I suggest Hayao Miyazaki's "Spirited Away" 

Not that it's an Academy Award winning movie but it has the soul of the Japanese society and its  culture in it.

For the young at heart much like me, I'd still love Ranma 1/2, Daimos (Richard & Erica's love story), Voltes V, the crossing over of Voltron, Dragon Ball, Gundam, Hunter X Hunter and later generations of One Piece & Naruto 

And I'm saying those stories aren't especially mature, I can read just fine. Like come on fist of the north star is made fun in other anime  for how immature the story is and how it boils down to WATAATATTATATATAT *enemy explodes*

Are you saying you didn't like Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann? :P

4933293798_161b723069.jpg

Gurren Lagann on the other hand is incredible for taking the stupidity a lot of anime has, embracing it, then multiplying it by a million. One of my favorite series

I'VE WATCHING AMAZING/GOOD ANIME SERIES FROM FALL 2015:

1. ONE PUNCH MAN

2. YOUNG BLACK JACK

3. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

4. Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider

5. Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru

6. Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou

Well, for comedy anime, try:

- Tonari no Seki (light anime, lovable cast and funny episodes)

- Cromartie Highschool (Crazy mix of all comedy elements one can think of)

- No Game No Life (Especially the parts where they reference stuff like Ace attorney)

- One Punch Man (Take it as it is, just watch it and enjoy)

- Is It Ok To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? (Um.. name explains it all?)

- Assassination Classroom (For your dark humor where innoncence turns into pro assassination skills)

For manga and manhwa, i recommend:

- New Normal Class 8 (For your weirdo and alienated kids' comedy)

- Hellper (The main character is funny)

- Kubera (Funny times)

- Tower of God (Saved the best for last?)

Have fun, enjoy :)