sub-80

Cheaper way to purchase online?

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys;

Just noticed that everytime I purchase something online whith my mastercard I would be charged 2.75% fee. I am wondering if there is a way to remove or reduce the 2.75% since I order almost everything from outside (cellphones, tablets, pc components, pet food, games, dvds, tools,... etc) Considering am paying for the us tax fee, shipping fee, handling fee of the forwarding company, import tax of kuwat with the 2kd stamp, I would like to atleast to remove or reduce it as much as possible since it value is proportional to the price of the package.

Where are you being charged 2.75%? Do you mean by your bank? If yes thats the credit card interest and a way to avoid paying interest is to pay your due right away as its withdrawn. The interest is on the amount owed so if you don't owe them money there is no interest.

Funny thing is, only Aramex charges the 2KD stamp fee.  Borderlinx has never asked me for 1 fils more than what I have paid online.

Anyway, you can't avoid the fee if you pay off your entire outstanding balance (amount owed) before the next billing cycle.  You are only charged interest on the balance you owe.

Also, there is very rarely tax on online purchases - I don't pay tax when I ship from Amazon to Borderlinx (I do pay tax when I use Aramex though). So for really expensive items I have to decide where to ship it.

Finally - anything you buy from the UK or Europe will be charged VAT if you use a shipping forwarded (like Aramex or Borderlinx).  It is best to ship directly to Kuwait because then you don't owe VAT -  handtec.co.uk does this, for example.