Napoleon Bonafart

Vaping in Kuwait

336 posts in this topic

You can buy VG in Boots. At the pharmacy counter, just ask for glycerin. I've been using it to cut the nic level in my juice for dripping.

Still looking for PG and nic though.

1 person likes this

I'm planning on making my own without any nicotine, it's too much of a pain to keep ordering them through jawi. 

Do you know how much the vg was?

1.4kd for a 300ml bottle I think. Going to have to start making my own too now that Jawi has run out of the good stuff.

Only place I know of that sells food flavouring is Sultan though. Their supply is a little limited.

1 person likes this

When I went to find it in boots they had run out, couldn't find it in smaller pharmacies either, which boots did you go to ?

When I went to find it in boots they had run out, couldn't find it in smaller pharmacies either, which boots did you go to ?

The one in the Avenues.

Does anyone know where to find kanthal or nichrome wire? I've tried a bunch of places including Ace Hardware for kanthal but couldn't find it for the life of me, what about nichrome?

Does anyone know where to find kanthal or nichrome wire? I've tried a bunch of places including Ace Hardware for kanthal but couldn't find it for the life of me, what about nichrome?

I've looked all over Kuwait and haven't found it. Tried just about every electronics shop in shuwaikh.

Now I order it from England in 10 meter spools and get it sent here with Postaplus.

I know that Jawi was selling some for a KD a while back, but it seems they have run out. Try that electric supply shop Mark posted about lol 

Yeah they have, it seems the only alternative is nichrome or resistance wire, anyone know any hobby shops maybe?

Yeah they have, it seems the only alternative is nichrome or resistance wire, anyone know any hobby shops maybe?

Mr Babu done just get it from there.   i tried looking in RTC but they don't even know what is kanthol lol.

Just about to order this kit:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1229701

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1772907

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1345500

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1847009

Total $40.47 w/o shipping, kanthal, cotton, or e-juice.

In the same site you can get kanthal wires in different gauges for cheap too. Still wondering what gauge wire to use for my first setup.

The mod and RDA are clones, but are a steal for the price. Gonna buy cotton pads at local pharmaceuticals. I know Aramex will majorly fret on e-juices, but I'm gonna try my luck any way. Had a friend who got lucky importing a CO2 tank.

Edited by razaq90
1 person likes this

Just about to order this kit:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1229701

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1772907

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1345500

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1847009

Total $40.47 w/o shipping, kanthal, cotton, or e-juice.

In the same site you can get kanthal wires in different gauges for cheap too. Still wondering what gauge wire to use for my first setup.

The mod and RDA are clones, but are a steal for the price. Gonna buy cotton pads at local pharmaceuticals. I know Aramex will majorly fret on e-juices, but I'm gonna try my luck any way. Had a friend who got lucky importing a CO2 tank.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that charger. Those cheap ones have a habit of burning out and taking anything nearby with them. Get a Nitecore instead.

That battery is only rated for 7 amps so it won't be too useful with an RDA. The LG 18650HE2 can go up to 20 amps and is a solid piece of kit.

If you're rebuilding, you're going to need an ohm meter too. Never fire an atomiser on a mech without checking the resistance first to make sure it's going to be safe on your battery.

For kanthal, 28ga is the most commonly used. Lets you build on a pretty wide range but it won't hurt to grab some 26ga too just in case.

You really need to make sure you build within the safe range of your battery. I use steam-engine.org for planning coils and checking how much power they're drawing when they're built.

Think that's about it.

2 people like this

I wouldn't go anywhere near that charger. Those cheap ones have a habit of burning out and taking anything nearby with them. Get a Nitecore instead.

That battery is only rated for 7 amps so it won't be too useful with an RDA. The LG 18650HE2 can go up to 20 amps and is a solid piece of kit.

If you're rebuilding, you're going to need an ohm meter too. Never fire an atomiser on a mech without checking the resistance first to make sure it's going to be safe on your battery.

For kanthal, 28ga is the most commonly used. Lets you build on a pretty wide range but it won't hurt to grab some 26ga too just in case.

You really need to make sure you build within the safe range of your battery. I use steam-engine.org for planning coils and checking how much power they're drawing when they're built.

Think that's about it.

Yeah I thought twice about the charger, I've heard the XTAR WP2 is cheap and has protection, but I might lean towards the Nitecore I2 due to the bigger fanbase.

The battery should be okay since I'm not going to be coiling up sub-ohm setups. I did the math on an assumed sub-ohm setup of dual 1.5Ohm coils in parallel with a starting voltage of 4.2 and the amperage turned out to be 4.2V/((2*1.5Ohm^-1)^-1) = 5.6A. The total resistance of the coils would be (2*1.5Ohm^-1)^-1 = 0.75Ohm. That 5.6A should be okay since the protected version of the battery kicks in its protection at 6.8A. Then again, I'm only going to be using one 1.4Ohm coil which should use 3A.

I also thought of getting a Kraken instead since I'm too lazy to manually drip all the time.

Yeah I thought twice about the charger, I've heard the XTAR WP2 is cheap and has protection, but I might lean towards the Nitecore I2 due to the bigger fanbase.

The battery should be okay since I'm not going to be coiling up sub-ohm setups. I did the math on an assumed sub-ohm setup of dual 1.5Ohm coils in parallel with a starting voltage of 4.2 and the amperage turned out to be 4.2V/((2*1.5Ohm^-1)^-1) = 5.6A. The total resistance of the coils would be (2*1.5Ohm^-1)^-1 = 0.75Ohm. That 5.6A should be okay since the protected version of the battery kicks in its protection at 6.8A. Then again, I'm only going to be using one 1.4Ohm coil which should use 3A.

I also thought of getting a Kraken instead since I'm too lazy to manually drip all the time.

Factoring in voltage drop, a setup like that is only pulling about 19 watts. A bit of a waste on a Stillare as those things are cloud machines. If you can't be bothered dripping, Kayfuns are a great alternative. I've tried a Genesis and just couldn't get it to wick right.

I saw a couple of pics of a Kayfun, does it spill if its turned upside down? That's an issue with Krakens that makes them inconvenient when using a coil only setup.

I saw a couple of pics of a Kayfun, does it spill if its turned upside down? That's an issue with Krakens that makes them inconvenient when using a coil only setup.

Kayfuns don't leak as long as you wick and fill them right. Takes a few tries to perfect it but there's no shortage of tutorials on youtube.

Just got my vape mail yesterday from JawiKW. I figured if I ordered it from fasttech that it would take forever to get here, if it ever does. The e-juice that came with it tastes horrendous! It was 0mg Cola from Dekang. 

Just got my vape mail yesterday from JawiKW. I figured if I ordered it from fasttech that it would take forever to get here, if it ever does. The e-juice that came with it tastes horrendous! It was 0mg Cola from Dekang. 

All the juice they sell tastes horrible. The only one I can choke down is menthol because that basically kills my sense of taste.

Dekang is especially bad. They can't even get menthol right.

On the subject of vape mail, I find ordering from the UK is pretty fast. I get my stuff forwarded to me by Postaplus and it usually takes around 10 days to reach me.

Agreed Dekang sucks, t he Jawi brand e-juice on the other hand is actually pretty good,

I've just been spoiled rotten by juice from the US and UK.

Compared to Suicide Bunny, the Jawi stuff is like vaping dish water.

So I figured that there were two e-juices that came with the package one was the cola 0mg and the other a 12mg apple. The apple one didn't come in a cover and looks kind of shady. When I vaped the apple, it felt like I was smoking a cigarette, while the cola one didn't give that itchy throat feeling. Is it due to the nicotine?