ClintEastwood

Gyms-Prices and Advantages

30 posts in this topic

Hey!!!

I am thinking of registering to a gym to lose some weight and regain some muscles which i built when i was once younger :) but i do not want to go from one gym to another and spend looong time to decide.

Can you please write down which gym you are going to and how much do you pay for how long, adding pros and cons if possible?

By that way, we could have a good database which we can check when it is necessary.

Thanks in advance for the info you provide.

If you're not going to subscribe for yearly membership go to Platinum. You can pay per use (7KD per day) or 50KD/month.

Edit: I do not recommend yearly membership. What if you get sick? Want to travel? Have issues at home/work Or want to spend your time being religious in Ramadan?

Edited by SonyBoy

it is around 160KD per 5 months i think.One of my friends go there and he is happy with the place.But going to salmiya is a bit hard for me sometimes.Anyways, if you live close to there, it is good then :)

it is around 160KD per 5 months i think.One of my friends go there and he is happy with the place.But going to salmiya is a bit hard for me sometimes.Anyways, if you live close to there, it is good then :)

I'll check it out this evening if possible. I wonder if they would allow me to bring some of my own exercise stuff to the gym.

Also I found this handy pdf while I was googling 'healthclubs in Kuwait'

http://www.248am.com/images/healthclubprices.pdf

Thanks Mark, btw are these recent prices?

its written that it was last updated in 2008 :P 

but prices do not change that much in kuwait.maybe you can rely on it :)

1 person likes this

its written that it was last updated in 2008 :P

but prices do not change that much in kuwait.maybe you can rely on it :)

Doh! :blink:  I didn't see the date!

I hope its still the same :)

Well, if you're subscribed to Alshaab sea club you can enter its GYM for only 10KD a month. (I am a member and I gotta tell, for 10KD it's great)

Well, if you're subscribed to Alshaab sea club you can enter its GYM for only 10KD a month. (I am a member and I gotta tell, for 10KD it's great)

this sounds cool.but how to become a member of alshaab sea club? :)

Go to ras al ard club (do you know where Holiday Inn Salmiya is, if you're coming from al bedaa turn right at it's intersection and then ask for the directions from there because it's a bit hard to find it) and tell them there that you wanna subscribe to both of the clubs (Alshaab sea club and ras al ard club). I think the subscription for a single person is in the area of 100-150KWD a year, or if you have a family you can subscribe for i think 270+another 100KD a year to get acces to the internal (private) parking of the club. There's a lot of cool things that you'll find inside al Shaab sea club: tennis courts, a GYM, two swimming pools (one is outdoor and one is indoor), basketball court, football court, ping pong, billiards, a nice beach (with a lot of chicks ;) )and a lot of other cool things like: a cafeteria with a restaurant and the final thing is that they make a party with a singer every weekend.

then register for the beach :P

well, I registered for the same reason aswel xD believe me, you won't believe yourself that you're in Kuwait. ( a lot of ""fjoor"" xD)

Btw I forgot about sth, you can enter for 3KD if you want to try it first but you won't be able to enter the GYM. (Only for members) but I'll see if I can let you enter (My father has some connections ;) )