Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drunk'n'Gorgeous

Has anyone watched Zeitgeist ?

2 posts in this topic

1- It's been out forever. 

2- There are a million different versions.

3- There were so many flaws, inconsistencies, etc...

All that aside, it really makes you think. I just watched it recently and was blown away by how unaware I was of what's going and has been going on for awhile now all around me.

I went into this not knowing anything about Zeitgeist. The first part was kinda' creepy. I thought the guy was trying to get us to join a cult but then I actually listened and it all made sense. We truly don't live in the "now". People are always talking about the past or the future. 

The part about religion was really interesting. They mentioned a lot of other religions with overlapping stories, 3 wise men, 1 savior who performs miracles, etc... It's also cool how they connected it with the constellations and stars and the sun. 

The next part about September 11 was enlightening. At first I thought, here we go again, more conspiracy theories, more crazy talk, but then they connected it to other stuff and it really made sense. I'm no demolition expert but even I thought it was weird how the twin towers collapsed in and on themselves perfectly like that, without swaying to the side or hitting surrounding building or anything. I'm not ashamed to admit that I wasn't even aware of there even being a building #7.  

The final part about the federal bank was the craziest and most insane and was what REALLY blew my mind. They talk about how money came into play. When you think about it, money doesn't have any value, not like gold for example. They talk about how a handful of men, gathered in a room, and made decisions that had a huge impact on the rest of the world (like The Great Depression) and apparently these people (or their families, descendants, or whatever) still are. Pretty serious stuff.

They also touch on the fact  we have the technology to build and create things that do not have a shelf life, things that can last and exist forever, things that are of superior quality but if we had everything we needed, then we would not buy, and apparently these people want us to buy and spend money which is why the things we buy have a shelf-life and expire, so we can go back and buy them again and again. For example, we have plenty of fresh water sources which have been polluted so we have to buy bottled water instead. We can be self-sufficient but apparently we're being brainwashed into being mindless consumers.

My explanation was very crude but you'll just have to watch it to understand. Zeitgeist really makes you think and question a lot.

I've only seen one conspiracy-themed documentary in my entire life, and I found myself valiantly fighting an uphill battle against my own eyelids, both becoming heavier with every torturous frame of video I saw before finally turning it off and vowing never to watch such tripe again.

I haven't seen Zeitgeist, but I know everything I need to know about it from this genuinely hilarious debunking:

Zeitgeist: The Movie is a film that, first and foremost, advocates free-thinking and an inquisitive nature. If there is a general thesis to this movie (and honestly, there may not be), it is that people are too trusting, placing a large amount of faith in the establishment. Anyone with a desire to explore the mysteries of the world and learn the truth about global events should listen to multiple sources and seek out well-documented, skillfully researched articles which represent the unheard voices of legitimate scholars who can expose the lies which run rampant through society.

On an unrelated note, Zeitgeist is directed, produced, written by, edited by, and scored by Peter Joseph (sorry, no meaningless letters like Ph.D or anything after his name). For those at home without a calculator, that is one (1) man.

Read it here:

http://www.cracked.com/funny-1710-zeitgeist-movie/#ixzz396V0J1fi

For the sake of honesty, the only problem I found with it was the idea of the Federal Reserve being "checked on" by the American Congress. While it's true that Congress does such a thing, they ultimately have no real authoritative power over the decisions made by the Federal Reserve, and the higher-ups who maintain the Federal Reserve have the right to not disclose anything they see fit to Congress. Not even the president can tell them what to do.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0