Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karannair90

Questions about Digital Rev, any users here?

7 posts in this topic

What's going on guys, popping my 248am community post cherry here haha.

I just had a few questions (apologies if they may have already been answered previously on this forum!) for Digital Rev users, if there are any here. It's a website that I came across many times, mentioned on this website as well.

Been looking to purchase a camera for the longest time now and I think I may have finally settled on the Sony A6000, a mirrorless camera, as I'm not too keen on lugging around a large DSLR. Now, I've been looking most places in Kuwait for this camera but to no avail. Checked out Amazon, they've got it and then I had to check out one of those companies that ship to Kuwait from a US address. Now, I was going through some of the rules on what you ship into Kuwait (on youshopweship or borderlinx, I forget) and I distinctly remember reading something along the lines of "any small cameras" aren't allowed (I'm assuming the same shipping rules apply to Digital Rev). Now, I may be wrong but I'd def like to clarify before dropping 200+ dinars on something.

Have any of you had experience purchasing a camera off of Digital Rev? A DSLR or something smaller, a Cybershot perhaps? I've seen many people talk about purchasing lenses but what about cameras? I'd really like to hear what you guys have to say about this.

If it isn't gonna be an issue, my second question is what's your best guess-timate as to how long my shipment will take to arrive here? Where are they shipping from?

Also, CUSTOMS! Is it a fixed price I pay or is it like a percentage? I have no idea about additional charges so I'd appreciate advise from someone with experience with this (buying something around or >200 dinars). I'd rather not be surprised at my doorstep!

Do these guys pack well? It would def suck to receive my new camera in pieces.

If it is indeed not allowed to ship small cameras here, anyone here know where in Kuwait I can find the same camera? I've heard that cameras here are priced significantly higher than purchasing from abroad.

Finally, although I'm pretty much convinced with the A6000, are there any other cameras (similar in build and quality to the A6000) that any of you suggest I take a look at?

That's all the questions I've got haha. Hope to hear from you guys.

Cheers!

There is no issue in ordering cameras from outsite, big or small.

DigitalRev is a great place to buy cameras, they ship to kuwait directly, offer warranty and usually their prices are cheaper than amazon.

I no longer use a m4/3 camera, I used to have a Panasonic GX1 but I now use a Sony RX1. 

Ymaimoon,

I recently bought the Lumix GF6. It is one of the best m4/3 camera's I've used and I got it for one hell of a price too. I also used the A600 but sadly it was out of stock and double the price of the GF6 in the market i've been to.

What's going on!

Thanks for all responses, I read them and decided to go ahead with my buy. Received my a6000 yesterday from DR. Didn't have to worry about my product being damaged at all, my package was literally swimming in bubble wrap. Took about a week but Aramex had been holding it for around 3 days (supposedly they attempted delivery earlier, which I don't believe). Also, customs was taken care of by DR. Super happy with the service.

3 thumbs up for DR and I would highly recommend them to anyone for their photography needs!

DigitalRev Packing is beyond exceptional. You can play football with the package, and the product is still good to go.

All packages from DigitalRev arrive like that.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0