nexus85

Watching movies in Kuwait theatres

Watching Movies in theaters   12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still watch movies in Kuwait theaters?

• Yes - I don't mind the censoring
    • No - Torrenting FTW
    • Who has time to watch movies anymore

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

I went to Grand to watch Guardians of the Galaxy sometime back and was sooooooooo pissed off... I felt that the censoring was over the top and the movie was almost unwatchable as a result...  My MO usually before going to watch any movie in the theater is to first check the Parental Advisory on IMDB and approximate how much of the movie will be chopped out... For Guardians it seemed like it wouldnt be too bad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg).. Well.. Until I saw it atleast :/

I am sure many of you all have even given up watching movies in the theaters altogether due to the totally nonsensical approach taking to censoring and just wait for a good print to come out on the net... 

I for one know that I wont be watching a movie in the theater anytime soon... What about you? Take the poll!

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy, there were like 2 scenes cut and thats it. very minor and didn't affect the movie at all not sure how it became unwatchable for you.

Perhaps us saw it in KNCC? I saw it in Grand and it was an epic fail.. Easily more than 8 scenes cut... You know the part in the trailer when Chris Pratt introduces himself as Starlord? Even that was friggin cut!!! It was pretty bad IMO

This same incident occurred for x-men too... Every fight scene of Mystique's was cut.. One second she's just standing there, the next she's either on top of the guy or the guy is out cold.. Was really frustrating!! 

I don't mind the minor cuts they make in most movies here but sometimes the censorship is very random and often illogical, like the ending of Gravity for example. 

There's also an annual 'banned movies' list thats published by KNCC. I sometimes buy the DVDs of those movies when I go on vacation. 

http://webserver2.kncc.com/bannedmovies.php

This same incident occurred for x-men too... Every fight scene of Mystique's was cut.. One second she's just standing there, the next she's either on top of the guy or the guy is out cold.. Was really frustrating!! 

Lol that avatar :D

Haha, haven't been to the movies here in a long long time. Most of the movies I actually want to watch in cinemas are either high octane, potty mouth action movies or just those with really crude humor. Either way the censorship hasn't really made my movie watching experience very enjoyable the last few times I went so I stopped altogether. I don't use torrents either, I just stream. I find it a lot more convenient.

The only reason I actually decide to go to the movies is to get a large caramel popcorn. Mmmm, delicious. I haven't been to many other theaters in the world that offer up caramel popcorn that tastes quite the same. The day I find a store bought substitute for it is the day I bid farewell to Kuwait's cinemas for good haha!

Perhaps us saw it in KNCC? I saw it in Grand and it was an epic fail.. Easily more than 8 scenes cut... You know the part in the trailer when Chris Pratt introduces himself as Starlord? Even that was friggin cut!!! It was pretty bad IMO

I watched it at Cinescape yes but it wouldn't make sense Grand Cinemas was airing a more cut version. Chris introduces himself as Starlord right at the start of the movie so maybe you got there 5 minutes late?

Nope... Super early with popcorn in hand... My sis saw it in KNCC and that scene was there... That was the other perplexing thing.. I was under the impression that all theaters had the same copy, but it seems like Grand and KNCC have different versions... Grand version was considerably more butchered

I don't mind the minor cuts they make in most movies here but sometimes the censorship is very random and often illogical, like the ending of Gravity for example. 

There's also an annual 'banned movies' list thats published by KNCC. I sometimes buy the DVDs of those movies when I go on vacation. 

http://webserver2.kncc.com/bannedmovies.php

Lol that avatar :D

It takes a minute to get there... But once you do, its so frigging hilarious!!  :D

I go to movies from time to time. Certain movies are meant to be watched in the cinema, and sometimes I do it as more of a social thing.

You can usually tell which movie will be overly censored and you just avoid them. But yeah, Guardians of the galaxy only had 2 scenes cut for me, pretty watchable. X-men was a disaster however, never saw Mystique's butt once. It just annoys me when the censorship is over the top, like when it's a kids movie. I can't believe How to train your dragon 2 had more than 1 scene cut.

Saw "The Equalizer" last night in KNCC and there was a scene between two characters in the movie(Avoiding spoilers). And suddenly suddenly they would skip bits of the conversation. Atleast 45-50 seconds was cut in a 240 second scene. As a result, I couldn't understand what resulted in the following scene after the conversation. Sensoring Sexual innuendo and stuff all makes sense. But to cut randomly is quite irritating and I feel is a ploy to shorten the run time so they can screen more shows though what difference 5 minutes makes is beyond me. :x 

On the other hand they don't bother cutting even a single second of extremely graphic violence and blood, etc. So violence is tolerated but two people's lips coming with an inch of each other is treated as if it's a worse thing than the world coming to an end. :|