Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kuwait

Aramex and Customs for a fairly large box

24 posts in this topic

I'm expecting a 20 - 25 kg fairly large box containing approx 60KD worth of items (non electronics). Aramex says customs doesn't charge more than 5% of total worth, and that they themselves will take only a 1KD handling fee - and that's it.

Is it really that simple? Every now and then I come across customs hassles and not so positive feedback about Aramex. Anyone with an Aramex experience in the recent past? Is the above true (5% + 1KD)? Also, do customs stop every single Aramex package or is it just a random thing? Please enlighten.

Thanks!

1 person likes this

good luck getting your package anytime soon, i have had sneakers that have been in customs for like 7-8 days.

1 person likes this

Dang! Your designer Nikes...!

Is it Aramex too? Any clue how much they're going to charge you for customs?

1 person likes this

good luck getting your package anytime soon, i have had sneakers that have been in customs for like 7-8 days.

The delay is from your shipping company ;/

1 person likes this

Dang! Your designer Nikes...!

Is it Aramex too? Any clue how much they're going to charge you for customs?

you mean because of the delay? I think the customs give like 10 or 12 days clearance window.

Yeah, Aramex is extremely slow at processing customs these  days - even for simple packages. In addition to customs delays, they also tend to route your package halfway across the GCC - adding additional days. Average delivery time is 7 - 10 days with them, 5 days to reach Kuwait, and another 5 for customs clearance.

That's if they don't lose the package, then this happens:

Ardiya, Kuwait
9/14/2014 11:38:00 AM
Delivered  -  
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/14/2014 11:34:00 AM
Attempted Delivery - Payment not Ready / Delivery Rescheduled
Ardiyah, Kuwait
9/14/2014 8:44:00 AM
SMS Sent to Consignee
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/14/2014 7:42:00 AM
Out for Delivery
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/11/2014 8:24:00 AM
On Hold
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/10/2014 11:27:00 AM
On Hold
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/9/2014 8:07:00 AM
On Hold
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/8/2014 2:30:00 PM
Received at Operations Facility
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/8/2014 8:53:00 AM
Customs Clearance - In Progress
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/7/2014 11:09:00 AM
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/7/2014 8:36:00 AM
Ardiya, Kuwait
9/6/2014 12:18:00 PM
Dubai Express Hub, United Arab Emirates
9/5/2014 2:12:00 AM
Departed Operations facility – In Transit
Dubai Express Hub, United Arab Emirates
9/4/2014 5:33:00 PM
Al Silay - exit 16 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
9/4/2014 12:15:00 AM
9/3/2014 4:49:00 PM
Out for Delivery - Beyond Delivery Area
Riyadh ShopnShip, Saudi Arabia
9/2/2014 7:01:00 PM
Forwarded to Final Destination
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
8/25/2014 3:38:00 PM
SMS Sent to Consignee
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
8/25/2014 3:38:00 PM
Email Sent to Consignee
Riyadh ShopnShip, Saudi Arabia
8/25/2014 3:36:00 PM
Held for Consignee Pickup
8/25/2014 2:11:00 PM
Out for Delivery
8/25/2014 4:45:00 AM
Colnbrook, United Kingdom
8/23/2014 4:09:00 PM
London, United Kingdom
8/22/2014 9:25:00 AM
Record Created

UK to Riyadh to Dubai to Kuwait? Man that's strange!

Since you recently had to deal with them, can you please let me know if the 5% customs + 1KD for aramex is true?

UK to Riyadh to Dubai to Kuwait? Man that's strange!

Since you recently had to deal with them, can you please let me know if the 5% customs + 1KD for aramex is true?

Yeah - that's their standard clearance fees.

However, if the package requires additional paperwork (MOC Clearance/Import License), then you will have to pay for it - since you are bringing in a large box (with several items), this might happen.

Yeah - that's their standard clearance fees.

However, if the package requires additional paperwork (MOC Clearance/Import License), then you will have to pay for it - since you are bringing in a large box (with several items), this might happen.

all adds up to few dinars more... but i think aramex will charge extra for their clearance service.. no? I recall DHL charged me like 60 dinars for clearing the laptop because it required MOC clearance (there were no fees for the MOC clearance if I recall correctly).

Is there a way to tell if Aramex in NY actually received your package? I've asked Bank of America to send a new card to me since a week and a half ago, but I don't see it received and registered in the shopandship website.

Is there a way to tell if Aramex in NY actually received your package? I've asked Bank of America to send a new card to me since a week and a half ago, but I don't see it received and registered in the shopandship website.

yeah they email u and tell you and it also appears in your account

yeah they email u and tell you and it also appears in your account

Do they also tell you if they deleted your package for some reason before having it get into your box? Like if it doesn't adhere to the list of things you can send to Kuwait or if your name is not the exact same name as the one listed under your KWI number.

Do they also tell you if they deleted your package for some reason before having it get into your box? Like if it doesn't adhere to the list of things you can send to Kuwait or if your name is not the exact same name as the one listed under your KWI number.

If they have an issue with your package they would also inform you. if they never got your package or they don't know who the package is for they obviously can't email you.

if your name is not the exact same name as the one listed under your KWI number.

Does your name even matter? I thought they only care about the customer number. After all, whoever receive the items there just log the ID number and then everything is automated.

Does your name even matter? I thought they only care about the customer number. After all, whoever receive the items there just log the ID number and then everything is automated.

That's what I thought until I stopped receiving packages that was under a different name; without any notice.

That's what I thought until I stopped receiving packages that was under a different name; without any notice.

Did they confirm that they will not forward you items sent your mailbox but under different name?

I wouldn't be suprised anyway considering that this is blood sucking aramex we're talking about.

Not sure how its Aramex's fault if you use a different name. When you sign up to Aramex they clearly tell you what information should be on the package, if the information doesn't match then it's your fault not theirs.

They won't send packages if its under a different name. Also, if its a mail package - some of them get thrown out without notification (otherwise you would be getting lots of ads/catalogs). Most of my cards have arrived - but one time they advised they can't send it because it was restricted, so I had to have it sent to a friend.

This is very unfair on Aramex's part. Some people are getting prohibited items sent while others are not. I will have to comment on that when I see them next time.

my experince so far is that if your order is above 100 USD u pay 5 % , however if you ask the shipper to make the invoice with minimum ammount or below 100 USD u will clear it much faster and pay nothing . second thing is use DHL , yes you will pay a little bit more but way faster and safer option and i never had a package that took more than 4 days to reach from the US and 2 to 3 days from UK and Hong Kong 

my experince so far is that if your order is above 100 USD u pay 5 % , 

Maybe they have exceptions. Bought Iphone 6 Plus from Apple US store and got it shipped thru Borderlinx(DHL). No issues, No customs, No additional fees (KD 11.00 shipment charges). Got another one from Apple UAE store and shipped thru Ushopweshp. Again no issues, No additional charges (KD 3.750 shipping). Got the covers and screen protector from Hongkong thru Aramex. 5 days customs delay and KD 3 additional charges !! So thats Aramex for you.

Maybe they have exceptions. Bought Iphone 6 Plus from Apple US store and got it shipped thru Borderlinx(DHL). No issues, No customs, No additional fees (KD 11.00 shipment charges). Got another one from Apple UAE store and shipped thru Ushopweshp. Again no issues, No additional charges (KD 3.750 shipping). Got the covers and screen protector from Hongkong thru Aramex. 5 days customs delay and KD 3 additional charges !! So thats Aramex for you.

electronic in general have no customs , i have ordered some car parts in the past and they have charged me on that .

i don't know what he have ordered , it's subjective to the customs at the end of the day i guess

Yes, my packages were delivered too... nothing electronic about them either. However, at delivery, I was charged roughly 4 - 5 KD total per carton (including Customs and Aramex 'handling' fees) while price of contents was not more than ~ 30 KD. The delivery guy said if its electronics (laptops, mobiles and other high value items), you're charged zero.

LMAO.

BTW packages had arrived in Kuwait on a Thursday afternoon, delivered to me Sunday morning. So I guess customs clearance was fairly quick in my case.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0