Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
razaq90

Open-Ended Employment Agreement/Contract Termination Prior to Duty Commencement

5 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I signed what is written on the company paper as an "open ended employment contract". The problem is that I wish I didn't sign it. I would like to revoke the employment contract due to sudden personal issues.

Currently I work a government job. I signed the attached papers while I was still working in said job. My question is, how can I revoke the contract that I signed and still work in my current job as if nothing happened? What exactly do I need to tell the HR manager who signed this on behalf of the company?

PDF link:

1 person likes this

Para 23 of the contract gives you the ability to terminate the contract. you have to do it in writing with three months notice and the termination can happen in lesser period. However for lesser period there would be some kind of compensation. Considering that you have not started your job or proceeded with the employment paperwork I don't see why they'd make it difficult to terminate the contract.

1 person likes this

oh and by the way, the contract sounds not final, because para 24 puts restrictions on the validity of the offer. basically you can ignore providing them with the required supporting documents and that way the contract will be invalid.

What I'm worried about is para 21 where I cannot sign up for another company until after a year.

What I want to prove to them is that all of the papers that I signed does not take into effect until I commence my first day of duty as per para 1.

You don't have to prove anything. Tell them politely in writing that you are no longer interested in the job offer.

Plus, you're only applying for assistant engineer. I imagine the paragraph regarding non competition is more for higher executives who have access to sensitive documents, plans and budgets.

You haven't even started working there as I understand. In any case... you should have nothing to worry about. Heck, even before asking them in writing, just call them and ask about the way out... they will help you do it.

Edited by Surrey

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0