UmerNawaz

Gaming PC Help?! :)

11 posts in this topic

What kind of pc you looking for?  You say Gaming, but the budget seems kind of low to build any medium range gaming rigs.  You "could" theoretically build a "budget" gaming pc, but it won't be what you want.

Just needed to let you know.  you are probably looking at an I3 cpu and an older vga, maybe a used 650 or something.  

If you can go upto 240 KD you can actually get a pretty decent setup. The main issue is getting the parts in kuwait. AMD CPU and motherboards are rare here and they are the actual best price to performance. Here is a part list and this one is going to be pretty much the best performance at that price range purchasable in ME region. I have a similar setup. Bought most of it on my Dubai trip lol xD

AMD FX 8320 8-core 50 KD
MSI 970A-G43 24.20 kD
4x2 GB DDR3-1333MHz Kingston HyperX Fury 24KD
Seagate 1TB HDD Desktop 64 MB SATAIII 7200rpm 2RZ 20.10 KD
MSI R9 280 GAMING 3GB 74KD
THUNDER COOLERMASTER 600W 80+ Efficiency 14.80 KD
Fractal Design Core 1000 Case 24.80 KD

Total 231 KD 

This setup will be more than adequate for 1080p gaming at High/Ultra with decent framerates depending on the game

All parts can be bought from http://gear-up.me/

They will take some shipping cost from UAE but its not too expensive. Id recommend buy what you can from here rest oder from there. 
Edited by Shamim Karim
2 people like this

I agree with Karim.  I was basing my post on mostly Kuwaiti prices and the popularity of Intel over Amd :P 

I also highly recommend Gear Up, as i have bought multiple things from them, and they have great customer support!

Good luck!

If I increas my budget to 350 then @avp216 ?1

If you are saying 350 without monitor and peripherals its a great budget and pretty much the sweet spot.

I would do a slight upgrade on the Processor, Motherboard, Case, RAM and Graphics 

Instead of FX 8320 I would get a Core i5 4690K 3.5Ghz Quad Core 80KD (ie.+30KD from initial budget)

Motherboard : ASROCK FATAL1TY B85 KILLER 36.3KD (ie.+12KD)

GPU : MSI R9 290 Gaming 4GB 107KD (ie. +33KD)

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIESâ„¢ SPEC-01 RED LED MID TOWER 29KD(ie.+4KD)

Instead of 2x4GB get 2x 8GB DDR3-1600MHz Kingston HyperX Fury White (ie.+24)

Then your total with the rest of the same parts would be 337KD. Rest would be shipping  

Pretty much 1080p Maxed out gaming.  

Edited by Shamim Karim

I strongly advise you against ordering for Mr.Babu for PC parts since there's no guarantee if the part you get delivered after 2-3 weeks is working or a lemon. It's a headache both for you and the Mr. Babu since they have to ship it back to RMA and all. Gear me up is your best bet. I helped a friend of mine build a beast setup with all the bells and whistles at the time (780ti, 4770K, 16 gigs Corsair Dominator) and they have good support.

I would recommend getting the case locally since pictures and reviews only do so much justice so just have a look around Hawally PC shops and take your pick. Also, shipping a case >_>