ymaimoon

DSLR Memory

5 posts in this topic

The two cards you've linked to are slightly difference which might explain the price difference. The one on Amazon is U3 while the one on Xcite is U1.

U3 is faster i believe compared to the more expensive card on Xcite. So where can I find a better deal? 

If you decide to go the internet route then here is a link to a site that makes price comparisons between the three major manufacturers. For both CF and SD formats.

Side notes:

- I have LOTS of CF cards and found out over the years that the company with the best Price/Quality ratio is Transcend. I only buy from them now.

- Sandisk is the gold standerd when it comes to CF cards. Heck, they invented that format. However, the only card I had problems with (big problems) was Sandisk. That doesn't mean they are bad, guess it means I was was unlucky that time.

- Speaking of sandisk, it used to be that their CEO is either Lebanese or Syrian. Don't know if it's still true or not now.

- Personally, I will never buy from Lexar. They had some major issues over they years. But that's just me.