Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plattypuss

Best Canadian Bank

4 posts in this topic

Hello

I will be moving to Kuwait from Canada in August for about a year.  I just visited Kuwait looking for a place and I was disappointed with how often my RBC bank card was turned down by various bank machines even one or 2 with the plus symbol.

Does anyone have any success with other Canadian banks that I am not enjoying with RBC?  I have seen that TD is pretty good for waiving international transactions but I am not sure if that helps out in other areas as well.

Thanks

Hey why don't you open up a local bank account? Would be a lot more convenient and cheaper (no ATM fees)

Mark

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem from what I understand is that my company will be continuing to place my pay into a Canadian account.  To transfer this pay into a local bank account would require a wire funds transfer into the Kuwait account which would cost me a small chunk of change each time.  A larger chunk then what I might save in ATM fees.  That's how it was explained to me anyways.

K

If you open an a/c with a local bank, say NBK, you can transfer funds online, with little or no fees. Check with NBK to be sure.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0