GoogleIt

Booking.com

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm going to travel to Dubai right after Eid so I've been looking and searching for a good hotel with a good deal and while searching, I found this "Booking.com" website, so, is it safe to book an hotel using/via this website? Did anybody have an experience (whether it's good or bad) with this website? Please tell me your experiences and opinions.

2 people like this

i' ve always managed to get similar or cheaper prices by visiting the hotel website or airline website directly.

I've used booking.com to book twice at Jormand apartment hotel in Dubai and once to book at a resort in India. The site is similar to Agoda.com or the countless other sites out there. Haven't had any issues so far. 

Thanks for the reply mark and mathai, could I pay when I get there or I've to pay via the website?

With Jormand, they took my credit card details through the website and then they blocked the amount. While checking out they swiped it and completed the payment after adding whatever extra charges were there like room service etc. 

Edited by Mathai

I always use booking.com for countries in GCC, India and Far East., its safe!

There are 2 types of deal on the site, one where there is a very good discount which you need to pay at the same time, second you don't get a huge discount but better than most sites and have the option of paying at the venue.

You also have 2 types of change/cancellation policies, one gives you a specific last date for a free change or cancellation, this is usually the case where you didn't pay anything (sometimes even you have paid) and the other is you have pay for cancellation or changes.

I usually make my mind 2-3 months before a vacation, so i go to booking.com, reserve the room and make sure the cancellation date is 1-2 weeks before my travel date, that way if i have a change in plan, date, hotel or even cancellation, its all free.

When i am 100% sure of my travel then i find the best deal and pay for it at the spot, sometimes you get really good deals and still have the option of paying at the venue.

hope this helps!