Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ooh_Aah_Wozza

Is it safe to swim at Marina Beach?

8 posts in this topic

I have recently moved to a place very near this beach and would love to swim regularly in the sea, but everything I've read on this blog or other places on-line suggest this is a bad idea due to pollution.

But, all that information is at least 4 years old if not older and much of it anecdotal based on no evidence whatsoever.

Does anyone have any up-to-date information regarding water quality, I'm mostly worried about the dangers from pollution and sewage rather than jet skiis or kite surfers.

I've been to the beach a few times and haven't noticed any bad smells or anything like that, but I haven't seen anyone doing any real swimming either, just standing around in the water.

I've entered the Flying Start Triathlon, so I'm keen to swim in the sea regularly to improve my ability but don't want to spend half the time ill due to swallowing sewage!

Any insight would be appreciated.

3 people like this

I wouldn't swim there, the only beach I swim at is down south in Bnaider and Kheiran where the water is much more cleaner. But not that practical for you.

So that's one vote against and one for a beach in Fahaheel. Looks like I'm going to have to try it myself and report back. I never get ill so if I'm suddenly sick after swimming there it's safe to assume the sea was the cause.

I've been swimming in the sea at Marina beach once a week since August and I can confirm it's perfectly safe. The beach is sometimes a little messy with litter but the sea is okay. It's a bit murky and it's starting to get a little cold, but I've had zero problems or illnesses and seen no sign of pollution. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0