Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theariezman

Name Change Process

6 posts in this topic

i think everyone is curious about it but no one has done it or heard of anyone doing it before

it is a very lengthy process and it's like making a person die and creating a new person.- change in passport, change in certificates, change in all official documents, changing civil id number, getting clearance from fingerprint office, getting fingerprint done again on new civil id, very exhausting and tiring process.

Edited by syedhussaini

it is a very lengthy process and it's like making a person die and creating a new person.- change in passport, change in certificates, change in all official documents, changing civil id number, getting clearance from fingerprint office, getting fingerprint done again on new civil id, very exhausting and tiring process.

thanks atleast someone replied.

what are the chances if the child is small and not school going even. how many steps i can skip.

The name change process is largely with your Embassy.

Get it changed on your passport and then go for the residency transfer on the new passport with an affidavit issued by your Embassy.

The residency department will update the old name in all civil information systems, according to the new passport.

The only thing is to make sure bank also updates the information as well.

There will be no change in the civil ID or need to go for finger prints etc.

Rest is about the certificates and other documents, which is specific to the organization issuing the document. 

They only ask for name change proof, which is again the passport.

I have gone through this process.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0