superfailz

Charged 1.250KD for steak sauce?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I want your thoughts on this, Went to olive garden @ the avenues, decided to order one their steak meals which comes with mashed potatoes, asparagus and parmesan cheese melted on top.

Waiter asked us if we wanted the sauce on top of the steak or seperate, we asked for the latter to prevent ruining the meal incase the sauce was bad.

to my surprise, when we got served, the sauce tasted sweet? kinda like vanilla. which pissed me off as I'm very strict with my diet esp with sugar intake. it kinda got me pissed off. decided not to eat it, and left it on the side plate.

The receipt comes with an additional payment of 1.250KD 2x for the mushroom sauce. I thought that was a subtle way of ripping us off,

1.250kd for a small plate of crappy tasting sauce?

Any thoughts of when this has started? 

Steak sauces are generally an extra cost. It's the same at most steak houses including Gaucho and Texas Roadhouse.

i have always imagined and wondered y there is no authority that control the prices for quality.....

i know im imagining... but such a place (although i love this rest.) but some1 should visit, order and then see the price, after couple of days they should be forced to be reasonably priced!!!!

i mean regardless what u put in the sauce, it should be any sauce is 300 fils extra and thats it... and it has to be good.

for example, y the (fool & falafel) sandwich is 100 or 150 fils all over!! coz i know there is a law regarding this by the government !

they should control this really badly or it will be crazy high!!!

i remember when hardees roast beef sandwich used to be 550 fils, the meal 900 fils!!! now its almost 1850 fils

this is crazy

Edited by manabry44

i have always imagined and wondered y there is no authority that control the prices for quality.....

i know im imagining... but such a place (although i love this rest.) but some1 should visit, order and then see the price, after couple of days they should be forced to be reasonably priced!!!!

i mean regardless what u put in the sauce, it should be any sauce is 300 fils extra and thats it... and it has to be good.

for example, y the (fool & falafel) sandwich is 100 or 150 fils all over!! coz i know there is a law regarding this by the government !

they should control this really badly or it will be crazy high!!!

i remember when hardees roast beef sandwich used to be 550 fils, the meal 900 fils!!! now its almost 1850 fils

this is crazy

i agree, but over the summer i went to the uk, thailand and jordan, jordan was ridiculously expensive i mean like a falafel sandwich price is insane i dont like falafel tbh but at 100fils im pretty sure everyone here can buy a few with a bottle of water or coke and sleep with a full stomach, same thing in thailand a falafel sandwich costs as much as a half kg shawrma sandwich for about 600-800fils, food is cheaper here than most countries and i do mean quality/portion/price, but everyplace has their own pricing and excuses, you can put a law saying all burger places have to sell a 1kd burger meal but that wont mean you'll want to eat it, humans overcomplicate stuff and bitch and moan alot (yes me too) but ive learned to just not care, if steak houses, burger joints and whatever place is ripping you off why do you go there ? cause your willing to pay and as long as your willing to pay they will continue to charge you more.

why are fastfood places are losing money to shakeshack, the stack, elevation and the sorts ? cause people are willing to pay 3kd for just the burger instead of 2.5kd for the meal + an apple pie, if they jack up the price to 10kd no authority can force them to lower their prices because to regulate restaurant prices they need to provide them with fixed prices for produce, meats and condiments and whatever else, but if they charge 4-5kd ? they will lose 10-20% of their customers and gain 25-75+% profit and once it becomes normal the 10-20% lost customers will cave in and come back.

just dont go there anymore if you dont like being charged for sauce, plus the guy said steak sauce in the title then said mushroom sauce in the post so i have no idea what he was charged for and i doubt he does too.

1 person likes this