Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thulla

I want to make a budget gaming pc, best place to buy pc hardware?

8 posts in this topic

I know hawalli khaldon street there mostly pakistani shop keepers with sky high prices and discontinued hardware parts ripping off Kuwaiti kidos, any other place where i can buy at reasonable prices? Or should i go online and have them forward to Kuwait?

You can check out http://gear-up.me/ for parts. They have most of the good stuff and are reasonably priced compared to normal prices. Although you might be able to get em for cheaper in Hawalli, you have to haggle or find the right shop. 

Do you have any budget in mind just yet? Might be able to help you as I've helped a couple of friends this year for their builds. Good luck! 

1 person likes this

Whatever you gonna build you can check the prices on blink.com.kw (its almost the same as in hawalli, but not including haggling discount if you go yourself to hawalli).

If what you want is cheaper than importing (after including shipping & customs costs) get it locally, otherwise go ahead and order from newegg or amazon.

Edited by larogue
1 person likes this

I bought a few things from gear-up.me and Blink Kuwait, not one part is faulty so far and everything is working properly, I am happy I bought at Blink and gear-up.me, but I also done a ton of research on the parts I bought making sure it will run games for the next 5 years or so

1 person likes this

I bought a few things from gear-up.me and Blink Kuwait, not one part is faulty so far and everything is working properly, I am happy I bought at Blink and gear-up.me, but I also done a ton of research on the parts I bought making sure it will run games for the next 5 years or so

It's ALWAYS cheaper to get a PC to last you 2-3 years then upgrade it, rather than try to future-proof it for 5 years

Depends on your budget and how far you're going. But the way I did it was order some of my stuff online and other stuff here. 

If you're building your PC from scratch I suggest you buy your Monitor, Case and Power supply from here. smaller stuff can be shipped here cheaper. My Corsair Vengance Pro 16gb shipped from Amazon and with all of the shipping costs it was cheaper than here. there is a new shipping company other than Aramex called Posta Plus http://www.postaplus.com/. They're supposedly cheaper than Aramex. might wanna check them out.

Another thing, Always have your cell handy while you're browsing and compare prices with Amazon/NewEgg. Don't get ripped off.

cheers 

Edited by Gangooz

Depends on your budget and how far you're going. But the way I did it was order some of my stuff online and other stuff here.

If you're building your PC from scratch I suggest you buy your Monitor, Case and Power supply from here. smaller stuff can be shipped here cheaper. My Corsair Vengance Pro 16gb shipped from Amazon and with all of the shipping costs it was cheaper than here. there is a new shipping company other than Aramex called Posta Plus http://www.postaplus.com/. They're supposedly cheaper than Aramex. might wanna check them out.

Another thing, Always have your cell handy while you're browsing and compare prices with Amazon/NewEgg. Don't get ripped off.

cheers

I wouldn't trust someone that loved the new batman vs superman movie 😂

Kidding aside gongo gave good advice

I built mine 3 to 4 years ago from Hawalli shops (Or rather, shop). You can check blink.com.kw and q8quadra.com

You should be thinking more about where you're willing to throw cash now and what parts you can await for later with lower prices. My advice is just get yourself a future-proof skeleton for now, just the basics that can run your stuff. Later, you'll be hunting individual parts to complete your baby beast. Don't give them the idea that you want to buy an entire pc, maybe pickup different parts from different places.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0