Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SonyBoy

Crack on Windowshield

6 posts in this topic

Ok so due to yesterday's sand storm my car's windshield is damaged (a crack of about 20 CM long)

What should I do? I don't want to replace it from the dealer.... and I don't have full insurance....

Edited by SonyBoy

Ok so due to yesterday's sand storm my car's windshield is damaged (a crack of about 20 CM long)

What should I do? I don't want to replace it from the dealer.... and I don't have full insurance....

Make that 30cm, 20 seems too small for the cracked line...

Canada dry street, you should be able to get a new windshield for a lot cheaper than the dealer.

I remember replacing the windshield of my Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor at some auto glass shop in Canada Dry St., Shuwaikh for 22 KD like 2 years ago. The guy originally wanted 28 KD but I talked him down to 22 KD. The local Ford dealer quoted me about 75 KD for an OEM Carlite windshield which is made in the USA and has a Ford logo on it.

I originally wanted to go with the Carlite windshield then I realized it's just gonna probably get cracked and chipped again so I went ahead with the 22 KD one which is made in Saudi Arabia. It's been 2 years and so far no sign of cracks or chips.

Great quality, I highly recommend it!

Get a windshield filler resin, its basically a colourless liquid that you squirt into the windshield crack and let it dry and it would look like brand new for much cheaper. i think Ace might have it I'm not very sure but i saw them use it in switzerland and its rather brilliant (if you have good hands). BUT I'm not sure it works for all types of cracks like e.g i don't THINK it would work for star, chips or spider cracks but i could be wrong.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0