Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeViL

Info Connect 2016 (Warm-up)

16 posts in this topic

With Info Connect just a fortnight away. I think Ooredoo has already decided to be an early bird ...

http://www.ooredoo.com.kw/en/Personal/Internet/4G

1TB for 12KD (Router free)

300GB for 10KD + (1.5KD for 4G router or 2KD for 4G+ router)

150GB for 8KD + (-do-)

20GB for 6KD + (-do-)

Makes a better commercial sense to pickup 1TB offer (+ a tablet if you already own a router).

In time to come, I do expect the rival 4G offers to catch up. I also expect DSL/GPON rates to go down as now 4G internet rates are getting more lucrative, with added advantage of portability. Only time will tell, please give your views, they might help ISPs in deciding what to offer during exhibition.

With Info Connect just a fortnight away. I think Ooredoo has already decided to be an early bird ...

http://www.ooredoo.com.kw/en/Personal/Internet/4G

1TB for 12KD (Router free)

300GB for 10KD + (1.5KD for 4G router or 2KD for 4G+ router)

150GB for 8KD + (-do-)

20GB for 6KD + (-do-)

Makes a better commercial sense to pickup 1TB offer (+ a tablet if you already own a router).

In time to come, I do expect the rival 4G offers to catch up. I also expect DSL/GPON rates to go down as now 4G internet rates are getting more lucrative, with added advantage of portability. Only time will tell, please give your views, they might help ISPs in deciding what to offer during exhibition.

I am currently paying 17KD/month for a 1.5 year contract for this offer and they now reduced it to 8KD? 1 more year to go and then I may not re-new with ooreedoo.....

I am currently paying 17KD/month for a 1.5 year contract for this offer and they now reduced it to 8KD? 1 more year to go and then I may not re-new with ooreedoo.....

If you go thru remaining FAQ part ... I think you should have been upgraded to 1TB (just a guess) plz check with Ooredoo. I am not their agent or customer support, no pun intended, as per me 17KD>8KD.

Edited by DeViL

The problem with DSL/GPON is not only the prices, but the speeds as well.

No way I would downgrade from the 60-80Mbs speeds I'm getting with LTE to a 10-20Mbs landline (that I can't even use outside home).

They better start offering 50-100Mbs speeds at a reasonable prices or they gonna bite the dust.

Edited by larogue

Infoconnect

INFOCONNECT ‘2016 – Kuwait’s IT and Communications exhibition is set to be held from 24 – 30th January 2016 at International Fairs Ground Hall 6.

If you go thru remaining FAQ part ... I think you should have been upgraded to 1TB (just a guess) plz check with Ooredoo. I am not their agent or customer support, no pun intended, as per me 17KD>8KD.

I am not even reaching 50GB per month! So no need the upgrade...... Just a discount from 17 - 8KD a month would satisfy me :(

I am not even reaching 50GB per month! So no need the upgrade...... Just a discount from 17 - 8KD a month would satisfy me :(

Check with them about breaking the contract, You can then take 9KD - 150GB w/o commitment pack or at least check when it would be viable option in coming months. Router is locked onto Ooredoo network, you may not be able to switch to Viva or Zain w/o unlocking it first.

InfoConnect has been postponed. Does anyone know why?

I talked to a guy from KEMS few days back and he said lot of companies are not taking part this time for the exhibition. Not sure if this is the reason for the postponement.....take it with a grain of salt.

InfoConnect has been postponed. Does anyone know why?

I talked to a guy from KEMS few days back and he said lot of companies are not taking part this time for the exhibition. Not sure if this is the reason for the postponement.....take it with a grain of salt.

Dates are still the same as per my knowledge, just have to see whats in the pipeline.

Dates are still the same as per my knowledge, just have to see whats in the pipeline.

Their website says it's postponed

Well! By warm up I wanted to suggest what we expect from our ISPs. WIMD ... you are gone by all standards, DSL ... still holding fort but not for long, 4G(+) ... way to go as of now. InfoConnect is happening end of the month, who participates or not is their outlook.

Kuwait is not a huge country where people travel North and South, most of us generally travel about 30-40 mins to work and back. So, what do you expect from your ISP, is the question?!!

DSL ... more HotSpots for subscribers (they can cover the whole country w/o a sweat).

Mada/WiMD ... :cry: 

4G/4G+ ... more packages, something like Zain, 0.750KD a month for 1GB, also weekend unlimited on other pacakes. Ooredoo still beats hand down with all other packages as of now.

I am locked into a 2-year 18 kd/month with 300GB per month contract with VIVA. However, when they started their 1TB plan, I found they had automatically upgraded me into the new plan. 

Never going back to landline again.

I am locked into a 2-year 18 kd/month with 300GB per month contract with VIVA. However, when they started their 1TB plan, I found they had automatically upgraded me into the new plan. 

Never going back to landline again.

ISP bubble burst next in line :evil:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0