Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shibi

Is it safe to travel to Lebanon?

4 posts in this topic

I along with my family plan to travel to Lebanon in the second week of March. With all the travel advisories including from Kuwait, I’m not sure it is a wise decision.

The plan is to fly to Beirut, stay in a hotel for a few days and visit places nearly. Never been to Lebanon before, don’t know anybody there and don’t speak Arabic or French. BTW, we are Indian nationals.

Please advise if it is safe to make the trip. Been hearing of kidnappings by gangs and all. Does it affect normal tourists or only high value targets?

Worried about the trip, especially after the recent warnings by UAE, Qatar, Kuwait etc. Please help me take the right decision.

1 person likes this

there is a travel advisory all the time, it's perfectly fine and normal nothing to worry about. the kidnappings are financially related and are not that common. if anything i'd be more worried about the racial treatment you'll get over there just for being indian.

If you are not lebanese/speak lebanese, I would stay away. Racism amongst arabs and indians is common all across the middle east I believe.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0