Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ramez

Bad Experience with SOUQ

10 posts in this topic

I purchased one if these USB flash memory for iPhone backup & storage. 

the brand was supposed to be "I-Flash" as described by the seller.

couple of days and the item arrived home, the item was an after-market rubbish quality device.

I though it will work fine anyways.

I connected it to the iPhone, and installed the application "suggested at the package".

The app is not secured to be used, not available on app store and wont work at all.

I tried to get 3rd party apps and that didnt work too.

I called souq.com call center, they said they will send me someone to pick the item from me, then within 3-5 business days the amount will be refunded to my souq account to be used again, or I can transfer it to my bank account, and that would take another 3-5 business days.

I was mad at this, but as long as that was their written policy, so I let it go.

3 days later, nobody came to pick up the item, I called them again, the return request wasnt done by the agent. and they had to do the request from the beginning, I tried to talk to any super visor or a manager and that was IMPOSSIBLE as all of the customer service agents always ready with some well known answers:

- no managers here now

- I cant transfer the call

- they came and left

anyways after like 2 hours of nagging :) a manager decided to call me, he said he will send the guy to pick up the item today "Thursday" and I wanted to make sure if he was lying or saying the truth. I called Q express, the company that deals with them. they didnt get that request at all.

and till today, nothing is picked up, and that seller is still selling his rubbish on their website.

2 people like this

I must say... Souq looks all rosy and nice on the website, but its quite a painful ordeal if you experience one.

1 person likes this

I think they are improving their service now. I did online order. Reached on time. Only problem that i faced was delivery time. I requested to deliver after 5pm. but i received before that. :| 

I wanted to order a phone. I called them just to ask if they can deliver before a specific day since I was traveling and they couldn't promise i wasn't asking lesser delivery time that was mentioned on their website....i was just asking for the guarantee....totally useless. ..past wasn't good even.

I won't tell you that this is a single case or a common thing. However, one thing is sure: Souq are closing their Kuwait office and will conduct all operations from their UAE office. This means several things including: 1- They are trying to get rid of their stocks since their warehouse should be cleared sooner than later. 2- Most employees you're currently talking to, servicing you or conducting operations are most probably on their last 3 months after termination.. So, a few things to keep in mind. Their quality of service won't be top notch, nor will people there be as dandy as usual.

I hope you get refunded in the end. Try other ecommerce websites instead, perhaps they'll be of a better service.

Good day.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

I won't tell you that this is a single case or a common thing. However, one thing is sure: Souq are closing their Kuwait office and will conduct all operations from their UAE office. This means several things including: 1- They are trying to get rid of their stocks since their warehouse should be cleared sooner than later. 2- Most employees you're currently talking to, servicing you or conducting operations are most probably on their last 3 months after termination.. So, a few things to keep in mind. Their quality of service won't be top notch, nor will people there be as dandy as usual.

I hope you get refunded in the end. Try other ecommerce websites instead, perhaps they'll be of a better service.

Good day.

I am not sure of what you said. 

Also, what stock/inventory are you talking about? Souq has no stores or products. 

they are just a joint between you and the seller, and they get their commission from the sellers. 

I am not sure of what you said.

Also, what stock/inventory are you talking about? Souq has no stores or products.

they are just a joint between you and the seller, and they get their commission from the sellers.

What i'm saying is that they are closing down their operations office here. They do have a warehouse, and it contains stock. It's used for items that they purchase and keep for selling. What you're referring to is true, they join the consumers and suppliers in some cases, however, they also have their warehouse with stock of things they purchased to sell to you.

As a seller on souq.com, I can confirm that what is happening right now is total BS.

They are moving operations to Dubai (but haven't emailed a single seller or buyer till now "because we haven't finalized it") and all transactions are being cancelled for the past couple of weeks. They have randomly cancelled sales without informing a reason - no calls are being answered, I came to know when I called one of the agents on his mobile phone!

What a rotten way to do bussiness.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0