Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mak786

Jobs for freshers

12 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I am a fresh engineering graduate (born and brought-up in Kuwait itself)now i am in a search of a job, the problem is everywhere i go they ask for experience. I wanted some advice as to what was it like when you guys were freshers and in search for jobs in Kuwait. please share your experiences.

Also, if anyone knows where they hire freshers (low salary is not an issue) please share them here.

Thanks

Edited by mak786
1 person likes this

My experience:

1) If you want a good job, if you have no WASTA then keep dreaming.

2) If you want any job (NOT related to your qualification, but for the sake of being employed) then just keep looking.

Good luck :)

Edited by SonyBoy

My experience:

1) If you want a good job, if you have no WASTA then keep dreaming.

2) If you want any job (NOT related to your qualification, but for the sake of being employed) then just keep looking.

Good luck :)

Well that is sad but,I will keep my hopes up ☺

When I was fresher I even started working as free Lancer. ..however to gain some experience I had to do some internship for which i used my dad's wasta, i got internship but that wasn't exactly in my field....my degree emphasis on software development while i ended up repairing a conmputer mouse as my first experience [emoji1]

Oh yah I forgot to tell you about free lancing jobs...plus doesn't care for any low salary jobs...such as computer shops, internet cafes etc....i turned my family friends into my customers.

When I was fresher I even started working as free Lancer. ..however to gain some experience I had to do some internship for which i used my dad's wasta, i got internship but that wasn't exactly in my field....my degree emphasis on software development while i ended up repairing a conmputer mouse as my first experience [emoji1]

Oh yah I forgot to tell you about free lancing jobs...plus doesn't care for any low salary jobs...such as computer shops, internet cafes etc....i turned my family friends into my customers.

Thanks ariezman, I will surely keep that in my mind, Thanks once again for sharing your experience.

Ok, here's the ugly truth: Nobody's looking for you, so never wait.

First, you should already be familiar with several employment websites that should give you a general idea about the job market from an online POV. These include, but not limited to:

- Bayt

- indeed

- monster gulf

- career jet

- linkedin

You should utilize linkedin and actually look for jobs there, look for companies' profiles and job offers. Build yourself a little database of companies that match your field to the 3rd degree (1st being your field, 2nd being something related to what you've studied and 3rd being something related to a skill or a hobby that you have not necessarely studied but are good at eg. Graphic design or coding)

Now, you station yourself next to a land line or if you have cash, buy some credit for your phone. Start calling all the companies, ask for their HR department. Tell them about yourself and your qualifications. You'd be surprised of how some companies are hire-ignorant and don't post vacancies online. Moreover, on the same topics, now you'll put on your favorite sneakers cause you'll do some walking.

A walk-in has 30% chance of yielding a job, so go visit some of the companies that are in nice areas (so that you don't get bored) there are some malls that have offices for companies (olympia, Salheya..etc).

You should keep one golden rule right before your eyes: Never allow yourself to produce the -NO-. We always tend to suggest something, think about something or dream about something and then we suddenly start making up excuses and reasons for why it won't work or won't happen. Never do that.. even if you had all the logical reasoning in the world, just try and let that -NO- or refusal come from them, from the company, from the HR, not from you.

Now, you start going back to the internet. Go to each big name's careers page. From newspapers, fastfood, tv channels, the 3 cell networks (viva, zain, oreedoo), top brands (Alshayea, Alghanim, etc) and check their hirings and vacancies.

In the end, i wish you luck and hope you find something that satisfies you. For me, i'm a relatively fresh graduate, however, i found work doing something i've done for fun and freelance before instead of my own field. However, this doesn't mean that there's no hope or use, instead, broaden your field of search and rather than lowering your dreams, simply make them realistic.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

Ok, here's the ugly truth: Nobody's looking for you, so never wait.

First, you should already be familiar with several employment websites that should give you a general idea about the job market from an online POV. These include, but not limited to:

- Bayt

- indeed

- monster gulf

- career jet

- linkedin

You should utilize linkedin and actually look for jobs there, look for companies' profiles and job offers. Build yourself a little database of companies that match your field to the 3rd degree (1st being your field, 2nd being something related to what you've studied and 3rd being something related to a skill or a hobby that you have not necessarely studied but are good at eg. Graphic design or coding)

Now, you station yourself next to a land line or if you have cash, buy some credit for your phone. Start calling all the companies, ask for their HR department. Tell them about yourself and your qualifications. You'd be surprised of how some companies are hire-ignorant and don't post vacancies online. Moreover, on the same topics, now you'll put on your favorite sneakers cause you'll do some walking.

A walk-in has 30% chance of yielding a job, so go visit some of the companies that are in nice areas (so that you don't get bored) there are some malls that have offices for companies (olympia, Salheya..etc).

You should keep one golden rule right before your eyes: Never allow yourself to produce the -NO-. We always tend to suggest something, think about something or dream about something and then we suddenly start making up excuses and reasons for why it won't work or won't happen. Never do that.. even if you had all the logical reasoning in the world, just try and let that -NO- or refusal come from them, from the company, from the HR, not from you.

Now, you start going back to the internet. Go to each big name's careers page. From newspapers, fastfood, tv channels, the 3 cell networks (viva, zain, oreedoo), top brands (Alshayea, Alghanim, etc) and check their hirings and vacancies.

In the end, i wish you luck and hope you find something that satisfies you. For me, i'm a relatively fresh graduate, however, i found work doing something i've done for fun and freelance before instead of my own field. However, this doesn't mean that there's no hope or use, instead, broaden your field of search and rather than lowering your dreams, simply make them realistic.

Good luck.

First of all i want to thank you for investing so much time and writing about your experience/tips over here. I will surely keep every single thing you have written in my mind. Actually, this is by far the best advice I have received from anyone. I too wish you all the best and hope you be really really successful in what you do. In'sha'Allah

hey mak786

my company is actually looking for fresh engineering graduates!!!

send me your resume maybe i can help you out

1 person likes this

hey mak786

1 person likes this

hey mak786

Hi tongue thai'd,

Thank you for your reply. Please check your messages. Appreciate your help.

hey mak786

Hi tongue thai'd,

Thank you for your reply. Please check your messages. Appreciate your help.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0