Iamarealamerican

Im comin back Ma...And im bringing her back with me.

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everone,

Im Currently a student in the states and hopefully, i will be graduating next semester. Yes, i am kuwaiti. Moreover, while im here i met this gorgeous woman who i want to share the rest of my life with. She is my everything. Im not here to brag. I just have couple of questions, as someone who is getting married to a foreigner. Me and her are planning to get married here, She is muslim so we will most likely get married in the States. However, my question is since i am on the Ministry scholarship will i get kicked out if they find out that i got married? We are definitely going to get married after i graduate. However, my mom has been nagging me to get married as she sees dating as a sin and i tried explaining to her the situation. However, she doesn't approve. And said that we have to get married soon. Also, can we get married in a mosque? I have heard some guys do it but im scared that the marriage won't be legal and if by any chance we endup with a baby will he be considered as a bastard? My parents approve of my soon to be wife. And lucky me, my "wife" wants to move back with me to kuwait. Even though i want to stay in the states. I know i know taxes,insurance etc... but, i love it here, no one is above the law. Moreover, since im on the deans honor list, finding a job will not be hard for me.

Tl;dr i want to get married but im a scholarship student is it possible? Is there an alternative solution?

Best regads, Willy

P.S sorry for any grammatical errors or any incoherent sentence structure, i wrote this on my phone.

1 person likes this

Hello,

Congrats first of all.

Second, i do know a few people on scholarships getting married and with kids even.

you can get married in a mosque, but u still need to have a marriage certificate officially in the courts and also get it certified in Kuwait's ministry of exterior so that you both can be officially married.

The best thing to do is to talk to the consultant in DC to see what paperwork needs to be done.

Best of luck

Edited by Izzyq8
1 person likes this

Hello,

Congrats first of all.

Second, i do know a few people on scholarships getting married and with kids even.

you can get married in a mosque, but u still need to have a marriage certificate officially in the courts and also get it certified in Kuwait's ministry of exterior so that you both can be officially married.

The best thing to do is to talk to the consultant in DC to see what paperwork needs to be done.

Best of luck

Hello, lzzyq8

Thanks for replying :). However, are they getting married to americans? Because, from what i heard if you are on the Ministry scholarship you are not allowed to marry a foreigner. Hmmmmm....might be just a rumor. Anyhow, i will check with my advisor and see what she have to say. And thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it

God bless ya son!

Best regards, Willy

A Kuwaiti called Willy? :mrgreen:

What's the harm in using your name, which I presume is Waleed?

1 person likes this

I was just reading the scholarship terms the other day (i'm also a student studying abroad, in Ireland) and I very distinctly recall a rule saying you can only marry kuwaitis. You didn't mention your woman's nationality. This is assuming that you, like me, are on a scholarship from the ministry of higher education/government.

Check here: http://www.mohe.edu.kw/moheweb/sch2.pdf

Or see the image below, #7.

f36a20450ee04f335dbfa2006e53497f.png

Edited by Arikado

A Kuwaiti called Willy? :mrgreen:

What's the harm in using your name, which I presume is Waleed?

Haha well, my friends call me willy. And yeah there is no harm in posting my name, it is just that i like that sense of false privacy :P!!

I was just reading the scholarship terms the other day (i'm also a student studying abroad, in Ireland) and I very distinctly recall a rule saying you can only marry kuwaitis. You didn't mention your woman's nationality. This is assuming that you, like me, are on a scholarship from the ministry of higher education/government.

Check here: http://www.mohe.edu.kw/moheweb/sch2.pdf

Or see the image below, #7.

f36a20450ee04f335dbfa2006e53497f.png

Hmmm, i thought so! My cousin who was on the Ministry scholarship in the late 80's got married to an american, he did get expelled from the scholarship but, i remember him saying it was because of his grades. I don't know what to do at this moment really. I guess i will just wait until i graduate nothing left. And sorry, i thought i mentioed that my girlfriend is american.

Thank you for your help!

Hmmm, i thought so! My cousin who was on the Ministry scholarship in the late 80's got married to an american, he did get expelled from the scholarship but, i remember him saying it was because of his grades. I don't know what to do at this moment really. I guess i will just wait until i graduate nothing left. And sorry, i thought i mentioed that my girlfriend is american.

Thank you for your help!

np.

u must be in quite the tough spot, sorry mate :[