Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superm

ADSL Internet Renewal

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Need your suggestions/help.

I am planning to renew my Kems 2mbps internet subscription which will be expiring sooon.

Lately, I have seen slag in their speed as well as lot of buffering when watching youtube :(

Any suggestion for a change to internet service provider is appreciated.

Thanks

they're all pretty much the same. i just renewed my WiMD connection. 310KD a year for 10Mbps and a 200GB monthly cap. 

Forget it! And loose your landline connection too. Use Viva 5KD=250GB internet (*4KD for renewal) before you finally decide what exactly is your usage pattern. 2Mbps will cost you about 60KD plus the phone bill 30KD, can't make it more simpler.

*5KD 250GB see it under pre-paid internet.

Edited by DeViL

Or Ooredoo 4g+ 200 gb internet for 4 KD a month or 6 KD if you want the router. I know they have a 1 TB package too.

Just a coupla days back, got a call from KEMS that my 15 MBPS package is expiring in 48 hours and that they will send a guy to my house (with a knet machine) to renew it - wow! That's some service 8)

However it still cost 120 kd (just like last year).

Or Ooredoo 4g+ 200 gb internet for 4 KD a month or 6 KD if you want the router. I know they have a 1 TB package too.

Just a coupla days back, got a call from KEMS that my 15 MBPS package is expiring in 48 hours and that they will send a guy to my house (with a knet machine) to renew it - wow! That's some service 8)

However it still cost 120 kd (just like last year).

You might be blessed with fibre, rest of Kuwait can't even peak 2Mbps. I finally ditched my ADSL and land line too. I suggested him a Pre-paid package till he figures out his usage pattern and believe me I even hit 7.5MB/s=90Mbps while using it.

You might be blessed with fibre, rest of Kuwait can't even peak 2Mbps. I finally ditched my ADSL and land line too. I suggested him a Pre-paid package till he figures out his usage pattern and believe me I even hit 7.5MB/s=90Mbps while using it.

Which mobile operators offer prepaid internet service?

All three ... Zain, Viva and Ooredoo. Try all three before deciding which works best for you.

Zain ... eeZee internet. Also, under pre-paid internet(data Sim)

Viva ... See under pre-paid while on internet.

Ooredoo ... Try for a month without commitment.

All three ... Zain, Viva and Ooredoo. Try all three before deciding which works best for you.

Zain ... eeZee internet. Also, under pre-paid internet(data Sim)

Viva ... See under pre-paid while on internet.

Ooredoo ... Try for a month without commitment.

^ This

Did exactly the same and found out Viva/Ooredoo are the best in my area. Just get 2kd prepared sim-card and cheapest 4g internet (I remember Ooredoo had something like 500fills for 1GB, which was more than enough to do couple of speedtests over 24hrs to check speed and reliability throughout the day)

^ This

Did exactly the same and found out Viva/Ooredoo are the best in my area. Just get 2kd prepared sim-card and cheapest 4g internet (I remember Ooredoo had something like 500fills for 1GB, which was more than enough to do couple of speedtests over 24hrs to check speed and reliability throughout the day)

Wonderful! Graduating from 2Mbps ADSL, I found 2-3MBps really awsum on Zain till I tried 6-7MBps on Viva.

http://i.imgur.com/vEcdBdj.jpg?1

*Note: 1MBps=12Mbps

And it keeps on surprising me all the time.

http://i.imgur.com/dNAmktN.jpg

Edited by DeViL

Hi Guys

Is the internet service in Kuwait become crap.  Kems is become Sh*t - Called their service and they say we have done config put your router OFF and ON in 5 min.  Same sh*t with no change - They are laughing on their customers.

My friend also complaining about Qnet service. Is there a cable cut again :(

I cannot even play a song on youtube with 2mbps subscription with KEMS.

Time again for renewal/new subscription shortly.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

PS: I am mot renewing my subscription with them but just using their promotion points which are accumolated for couple of years.

Edited by Superm
More info

As many of us have pointed out, you might want to give the tele-companies a try. I switched from ADSL to 4G router and never think of going back to my 2MB DSL ;)

1 person likes this