Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
razaldo

What to do with an Ooredoo router?

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a Huawei router from Ooredoo that I do not need anymore since I have cancelled their internet subscription.

Any idea on what to do with the router? Is there any one who would want to take it / use it?

You could continue to use it as your home router if you want, if you don't need it you could try selling it in the classifieds section although i doubt anyone would want to buy one.

I could use it at home - but I don't know if it can be used with a SIM card other than that of Ooredoo.

Will put it up on the classifieds section. If no takers then I carry out an autopsy of the router and post the teardown on ifixit :D

Its a 4G fixed router

Will post the exact model no. if you want once I get back home today evening

Here is a photo of what it looks like (from the internet), which will give you some idea

0000824_ooredoo-4g-internet_420.png

If you plan to take it down, can you please let me know?  I've got a similar one from Zain and would like to have the external antennas if you have them and do not mind giving it away.

Thanks

:)

On 8/20/2016 at 3:08 PM, Paparazzi said:

If you plan to take it down, can you please let me know?  I've got a similar one from Zain and would like to have the external antennas if you have them and do not mind giving it away.

I just passed by Ace Hardware in Hawally - they sell external antennas. You might want to check there.

Did not notice their price though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0