Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark

Community Upgrade

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so after a complete fuck up from my side I finally managed to upgrade the Community software. It only took like 3 fucking days or so when it should have taken 30 minutes. Anyway currently the software is rebuilding a lot of stuff (check attached image) so things are going to be sluggish and slow until its done. Also you've probably noticed the old theme is gone, thats because its no longer compatible with this version.

So I'll be working on updating the theme in the coming week but for now feel free to look around, check out the new features which i have no idea what they are btw but there seems to be many. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 10.36.35 PM.png

The upgrade is done??

The page menu options are limited - To go back to the main page, B-Sides, Classifieds etc, one has to hit the back button !.

No its not done, I'm waiting on the designers to work on it, supposed to be done hopefully this week.

hey guys, so the forum update is done. there might be a few kinks still, if anything weird is happening let me know so i can get it fixed.

When you click on any of the Menu links, they open in a separate tab rather than in the same page. - Not a big deal, but just bringing it into notice.

thanks, i literally had just email the following changes to them:

- shadow of community background not the same shadow as the rest of blog
- after signing in on main page the "unread content" and "mark site read" links overlaps search bar so can't be used 
- header tabs open in new window, should open in same window
- 248AM tab is highlighted in black but it should be community that is highlighted in black
- logo in header different color from background (screenshot attached), i think cuz the way they saved it after cropping so i am attaching correct version to this email to use. file is called header.png

yeah i think i'm gonna shut the community down. it's been dead for awhile and i've only kept it up for nostalgic purposes. Kinda sad since there are nearly 200,000 posts here but not sure what else there is left to do.

Instead of shutting it down completely, I suggest close down and prune the obsolete threads. Also, you may think of appointing forum moderators. It will increase the participation and lessen your burden too.

How would pruning obsolete threads or appointing forum moderators increase participation?

By pruning you get rid of old and obsolete threads/posts. Appointing moderators(knowledgeable in their field of expertise) will ensure prompt and accurate replies. There by their own active participation and greater user satisfaction. The cycle once started will ensure better statistics once it gets going. Something similar to stuff Torrent movie sites do in short. Moderators will also ensure that useless comments like HaHaHa! and Loooools! get removed to keep the thread more relevant and precise. I guess no harm in trying before you decide to close it altogether.

What useless comments? What comments to promptly and accurately reply to? I don't think you realize what the issue is... nobody is using the forum anymore. Your ideas make sense if the forum was busy and mods weren't being able to catch up but its empty, having 100 mods won't solve anything.

The link has gone from the main page(2:48AM) but is still reachable thru other pages, just reached here after clicking Classifieds.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0