Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sunny

Radar detectors, are they legal?

4 posts in this topic

Is a Radar detector legal here? I haven't been in Kuwait for close to a decade now and have heard about quite a few new rules. Also that the chances of getting deported are really high as well.

So far i know or have heard cases of being deported over:-

- Driving without a licence

- Speeding

- Running a red light

- Having a person in your vehicle who's not on the same visa (company/sponsor?) as your's. This one sounded absurd but i personally know of one who was deported.

What else can get one deported here?

Cheers!!

Realistically the only misdemeanor of the above that can get you deported immediately is driving without licenses, speeding and red light will initiate an investigation with the traffic department and CAN definitely get you locked up for the duration of the process, repeatedly felons DO get deported.

at least that's how it is in the local books, how strict are they when it comes to execution is a different story. never heard of someone being deported because they are not on the same visa as you unless you were working for some different company while being on someone elses visa, then yes. 

Radar detectors can get you into unnecessary problems to the point where legal prosecution is established.

I guess "how strict are they when it comes to execution is a different story" is what it mostly boils down to.

I'll just avoid the radar detector i suppose, why have the unnecessary headache.

Thanks for the reply!!

You are welcome. I was once nearly rejected during car registration inspection for having a dusty vehicle lol. go figure. it wasn't THAT bad, just a thin hazey layer of dust

Please be safe :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0