Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
franco

MyBOX PostaPlus has become GARBAGE

15 posts in this topic

Items stay in the mailbox for 2 weeks and then ship, using what seems to be an actual ship.  Why does it take 6 days from departing US to reaching Kuwait.  Customs adds another 24hrs (they are actually the fastest part of the whole process).  This is unacceptable.  Why does everything here have to go downhill.  I remember a year ago when it took less than a week from US mailbox to my hands here in Kuwait.

6 days from departing? you're lucky my package stayed 2 weeks in my mailbox before they shipped it, was supposed to get it before christmas and i still didn't get it. They also constantly ignored me on twitter and customer support would keep telling me they would get back to me and never did. luckily i still had the contact info of the country manager so got in touch with him directly to get it sorted out. they gave me a KD5 voucher for the trouble but I would have rather paid an extra KD5 and got it before Christmas.

Same here

They have really been incredibly slow and their website is awful.

I have three pending shipments with them. After that im switching to another service.

Mark, hopefully you can do another updated comparison post to help us out :)

SO angry!  Still haven't received my stuff.  I called now and the idiot on the other end said 'hopefully this week'.  When I asked why the plane has departed the US 8 days ago and still hasn't landed in Kuwait she couldn't answer.  I HATE THIS!

Good for you.  I'm still stuck waiting with no updates.  I can't wait to get my shipment and cancel my account with them.  Why would an item take almost a month to reach from mailbox to my hands.

4 hours ago, franco said:

Good for you.  I'm still stuck waiting with no updates.  I can't wait to get my shipment and cancel my account with them.  Why would an item take almost a month to reach from mailbox to my hands.

You get what you paid for. You want faster? Give DHL a try ;)

fuck that shit, i'd rather continue to use MyBox and pay 1/3 of the cost of DHL and have this kind of delay happen to me every now and then. 90% of the time the packages are shipped and delivered to me in a weeks time. Fuck getting ripped off so I can have it 2 days earlier.

I'm thinking its actually better to look harder for direct shipping to Kuwait.  Its much faster than any reshipping and can be very reasonably priced.

Maybe that could also be a useful topic for a blog post.  Sites that ship directly to Kuwait fast and cheap.

3 hours ago, Mark said:

fuck that shit, i'd rather continue to use MyBox and pay 1/3 of the cost of DHL and have this kind of delay happen to me every now and then. 90% of the time the packages are shipped and delivered to me in a weeks time. Fuck getting ripped off so I can have it 2 days earlier.

2 days earlier? Trust me, I myself wouldn't be using DHL if it arrived 2 days earlier.

I had enough crap from ShopNShip. Since 2009 my primary shipping option was through this company http://www.nybox.com/tools/rates/

In the past, DHL shipping (including home delivery) used to be $32 for the first pound (arrived within 72 hours from shipping,) and I believe $8 for any additional pound, and for premium customers ($150/year) DHL is $28 per first pound and $6 for any additional pound (you can't beat that offer can you?)

Now I agree! prices have changed and increased :( I miss 2009 pricing (KWD was superior to $USD and cheap shipping option)

I didn't say shopandship, i said mybox which is at least 1/3 of the cost of DHL and just a couple of days slower. MyBox is $8.25 for first pound and $6.5 for each additional pound. No yearly membership. My MacBook Pro cost me around $35 shipping and that included clearance fees. 

Aramex Shop & Ship is no better. An item shipped on 30th December is still to reach Kuwait. Holidays in the west are no excuse as the item already shipped (atleast that's what the status says !) 

Aramex was never better, than anyone at anything, ever.  But postaminus is becoming almost as shitty.  Its direct mail or Borderlinx for me from now on.  

3 hours ago, Izzyq8 said:

Assuming i dont want to go back to aramex, do i have any other alternatives?

I flip flop between Posta Plus and Aramex. Mostly though I use Posta Plus.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0