RRSSC

Show us photos you've taken recently

7,335 posts in this topic

Let's see some photos, regardless of genre, that you've taken recently.

Edit: Trimmed unnecessary info.

Thanks, AoD. And that's very cool picture. Did you take it with the 24-70 at 2.8 :wink:

Can I critique it?

Took this in Leb, was taking a bunch of pictures of this powerplant for a project I was working on.

2348094033_e57f270775.jpg

1 person likes this

Like it a lot, Patrick.

Hopefully this summer I'll finally go to Lebanon, and take tons of pictures. If things settle down, that is.

Currently focusing a bit on macro, "stock type" photography. Trying to see if I am really interested in this type of still life.

Anyway, here's a experiment I did today.

2348707919_28c0289a69.jpg

Are we allowed to comment?[/quote5dfd0d]

Hey, you are the OP of this thread.

You can do pretty much what you want :)

i think everyone should critique others work etc?? if people consent, what do you think?

excellent idea rrscc

Hey, you are the OP of this thread. You can do pretty much what you want [/quoted5d6d0]

You know how it works, Cajie. People have emotional attachment to their photos. You don't want to upset anybody :)

how recent is recent?[/quoted5d6d0]

How about 2 weeks. And please no stock. This is not a commercial site.

I post my pictures to get comments and to get criticized, we're not all here not to say anything or to just compliment each other, that can get boring :P

So you're starting with me then?!?! I am cool with that 8)

True, but things were a bit tricky since i have two conflicting types of lamps in my room (cool & hot) which fucked things up for the WB. RRSSC, noted.

Pat: amazing capture, which reminds me of this album cover (like one of my favorites, ever):

Dream_Theater_-_Systematic_Chaos.jpg

True, but things were a bit tricky since i have two conflicting types of lamps in my room (cool & hot) which fucked things up for the WB. RRSSC, noted.[/quoteeff9ea]

I always shoot RAW, and one of the luxuries of this approach is that I can deal with the WB in post-processing. The D200 is excellent in nailing the WB, but after all it's a machine - and in a few situations where it gets thrown off, I can look at the scene and put in a WB number that looks good to me.

WB (atleast for me) is not about getting the white in the scene as white - but more about giving "mood" to the scene.

37192578sf3.jpg

not too recent though, kinda stopped taking photographs ever since i moved to kuwait.

35mm :) graininess is from a high iso film. the original is in color which kinda looks better than this but i don't have it on me. so will have to do with this for now :)

just know that i a a begginer .. if i did anything wrong .. pls do not hang me for it .. but i took this photo and slightly edited it in PS taking out a couple of traffic cones that were thrown .. and um .. yeh it is my first mini project

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67693850@N ... 8/sizes/l/

btw ... how exactly do u post pics on the topic page ?? cant see to do i t ?? someone is PRETTY slow :roll:

My notes:

- Watch the symmetry in the framing (you're not exactly over the middle pavement)

- I would have gone a bit more closer just to frame the middle lanes and not incorporating the side lanes (far left and right) 'cause they seem distracting to me.

- Use more of the sky.

- I would over expose a bit, to get brighter reds and then lower the whites.

The above points reflect my opinion, which is not a professional one.