RRSSC

Show us photos you've taken recently

7,335 posts in this topic

thats very good ..ill keep it in mind ... i can use any tips .. thanks alot ... what does the BKT button mean .. and the AF button as well ??

the plus or minus thing is for more or less exposure ? thanks for the help

Test II. Testing creating a new folder in PB (photobucket).

[/quotef1f169]

Why are the highlights blown out of this picture? I would have expected better metering from the 5D.

Maybe because the sun was almost in the frame :wink:

I was actually very impressed with 5D's performance here. You should see the original, not 1/100th of the original size.

Again, this is just a test pic. Not meant to look nice or anything. Actually, it's a very lousy pic.

Two comments:

- Why do I get [image] before & after my pics.

- Photobucket is so easy to sign-up for, and link from. Recommended.

Two comments:

- Why do I get [image] before & after my pics.

- Photobucket is so easy to sign-up for, and link from. Recommended.[/quotefc2574]

I see 2 tags%20before%20the%20image%20and%202 tags at the end of the image. Perhaps your link is already having these tags, and you are adding another set?

Remove 1 set and it should be fine.

Never used photo-bucket. I guess it's good if you simply want to dump pictures and link them somewhere. I like the social network aspect of flickr and prefer to put my pictures there.

I see 2 tags%20before%20the%20image%20and%202 tags at the end of the image. Perhaps your link is already having these tags, and you are adding another set?

Remove 1 set and it should be fine.[/quotec3015b]

You are right. Good call. Thanks.

I like the social network aspect of flickr and prefer to put my pictures there.[/quotec3015b]

That was what I was trying to avoid. Personal preference, I guess.

although the pics where overblown (as per Cajie's notes), but the pictures still display an amazing amount of sharpness, so is that what a full frame DSLR is all about!?

Not really, AoD, FF has nothing to do with it. You can take very sharp pics with any camera if you watch the shutter speed.

Btw, that photo was taken with the 24-70 :)

To Cajie,

A friend just bought an umbrella from the shop close to Jeshenmal. It only cost him KD 10. Worth a look.

If you have a (D)SLR, avoid those. A decent tripod starts around $150, then add about $70 for a decent head. So you are talking about ~KD 60 for a good (but not the best) setup.

is 15kd a high price to pay for a good tri-pod[/quote016573]

A 15KD tripod would be a cheap construction and would not be suitable for a dSLR.

Good tripods cost as much (if not more) than the camera itself. Something like this is very good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HI8LCE/

However, if your budget is limited, the photo shop near Jashanmal has some very well made chinese tripods ranging between 30KD to 40KD.

No need to scare the guy with those tripods, Cajie :)

As for the Chinese ones, they are made of steel so they are very heavy. I don't recommend them, sorry.

If the budget is a constraint I would suggest waiting & saving to get a decent one rather than buying the wrong one. As they say, buy nice or buy twice :)

Cool, dj_will, literally :)

If you want my opinion I'd say it lacks a point of interest. Not sure what I'm looking at. But that's just my opinion.