RRSSC

Show us photos you've taken recently

7,335 posts in this topic

I took this picture yesterday...

2376948121_7e38c64db3.jpg

[/quotec4d6b6]

thats a really good pic, what camera did you use?

also i might want to suggest perhaps a lil photoshop, i messed around in photoshop with it, and got this:

2376948121e019eff82doqg8.jpg

I prefer the original one, I HATE photoshoped pictures.

Q8GeeK's looks more real to me.[/quotee1fb8e]

In this case, I prefer the original one too. But you don't have to hate photoshopped pictures just because they are photoshopped. PS is a very useful tool for photographers in the normal workflow. Photoshop allows the photographer to control various parameters that was not possible during the original caputre for a variety of reasons (perhaps limitations in hardware, location, envirionment etc.), but it was what the photographer wanted to convey with the picture.

The camera itself does a lot of "photoshopping" when it processes the raw image captured by the sensor. Depending on the camera make/model and the settings you have done on the camera, it will adjust sharpness, EV, saturation etc.

Even our brain photoshops the image(s) that we view. As you know, our eyes actually see everything upside down, but the software running in our brain does the correction.

i wasnt trying to prove a specific point, i just thought it was a lil under exposed, but thats just me. Its a lovely pic, i love it, its a lil common but the pic is really nice in particular, it does however look like a snap from a cam-phone. However the other pics on his flickr are actually pretty interesting.

cajie no offense or anything .. but is cajie ur real name or a nickname ??[/quote66ae3a]

It's a short form of my real name; but everyone knows me as cajie.

Even our brain photoshops the image(s) that we view. As you know, our eyes actually see everything upside down, but the software running in our brain does the correction.[/quotef05624]

geeky!

yes true, but I've been around the pictures @flickr.. people just overdoing it till I reached this point, I hate photoshoped pictures.

I feel its fake, ok it will look prettier but fake fake fake.

I believe in real raw beauty.

I took this picture yesterday...

[/quote436d1b]

thats a really good pic, what camera did you use?

also i might want to suggest perhaps a lil photoshop, i messed around in photoshop with it, and got this:

[/quote436d1b]

My cam is Panasonic DMC-LS2... a normal point'n'shoot 5mp one...

Finally got my birthday gift, although 1 day late, but its all cool (thats the last time Aramex !!)

My little (large-sized) Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Lens, didn't need the IS since f/2.8 is still not adequate enough for night shooting so it will be mostly used in well-lit conditions, but will help in deciding on which long & fast prime to get.

2384741929_4a89ab889d.jpg

2385573606_67a6d912f6.jpg

2385573722_0624c10e39.jpg

In addition to a Kata R101 bag:

r-101open-photo.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/R-101-Rucksack-Camera-Attached-Camcorder/dp/B000NWT8US/

Which barely fits the camera with the 70-200mm mounted (I guess its was not intended to be used that way) but at least its made of materials that are not from our world (like a block of concrete with extra padding from the inside)

Gonna take this baby for a spin tomorrow, hoping the weather will kick ass!!!

Hey, CONGRATS!!!

Heard/read that the non-IS versions are sharper than their IS counterparts.

Show us some pics soon.

Edit: And happy belated Bday.

Got some pics, but please take it easy on me, its my first time handling a lens in this range:

1. Performance in well-lit areas and outdoors is as perfect as it can get. This is the main intention for getting this lens:

[imga3e2de]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2285/2388364848_425d536469.jpg[/imga3e2de]

2. This with iso800 and 200mm , steady with a 1/250 shutter:

[imga3e2de]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/2387536211_58083bd5de.jpg[/imga3e2de]

3. My hardest challenge: Hand held, iso800 & 200mm, but things where shaky and f/2.8 is not enough to cover the whole depth of the tree, so it was impossible to get a clear shot.

[imga3e2de]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/2388365086_332520ea8d.jpg[/imga3e2de]

I'll try to get some better pictures as I get used to the focal length.